A Loss In 05?

surrealvol

Okay, for those of you who think there's a chance we may not go undefeated this year, which team do you think could give us the most problems and stand in our way of doing so?

Who do we have to be the most wary of? :question:

I think if we loose one it will be to UF or LSU, (God I hope not!!) but always be weary of Bama!!!!! :bad:

It's very tricky to figure out with all the coaching changes and such but I have a feeling UF and LSU will be the toughest. Both are early games on the road. I'm glad we play those two early in the season so they may not be in the full swing of things early on. I'm a little more concerned about UF with Myer there now and Leak still behind center. Little Leak is 0-2 against UT so he'll be fired up for this one too no doubt. Man, I can't hardly wait till next season.

As you know, in the SEC you could lose any game. To be honest, the one that I worry about more than others is Notre Dame. They will be pumped to play Charlie and David Cutcliffe knows our playbook and our head coach. I want revenge for this past season too. We are coming to get you golden domers! :angry:

UF and LSU are easy picks for this thread; read - we know they can play - Notre Dame is gonna be tough no matter what they say -I will probably take a lot of flack for this one but for some reason we always play like crap against Memphis - and now they are a serious team that can score points. If we are still undefeated I look to ND and the Tigers for the biggest challenges.

Originally posted by surrealvol@Feb 15, 2005 4:14 PM
Okay, for those of you who think there's a chance we may not go undefeated this year, which team do you think could give us the most problems and stand in our way of doing so?

Who do we have to be the most wary of?  :question:

UF, LSU, Notre Dame, and Bama are all on the road, and all have the potential to be losses. USC and GA are at home with the same potential. All in all this team must have much improved play in the secondary and the tackling must improve drastically for this team to contend for any title. If this doesn't happen we could be looking at 2 or more losses next season.

gunner

:gun:

I'm thinking FLA or LSU. TN will go against Urban with a conservative game plan because they don't know anything about the new fla. The world will be expecting the Vols to win because of all the hoopla of Tn going for a NC so emotionally TN will be at a disadvatage. Tn falls behind early and can't catch up. Lots of turnovers as TN desperately tries to make a comback but can't do it.......or, Tn beats Fla in a blowout and goes to LSU without the edge. LSU has as many horses as TN and It will be hard for TN to do back to back road games against top 20 competition and come out a victor in both. We have the talent to do it but I don't think we have the emotional presence of mind to do it. But, if we get past those two, watch out!

I think if we loose one it will be to UF or LSU, (God I hope not!!) but always be weary of Bama!!!!! 

Yup one of those. While the team could be something special, sophomore QBs still not extremely experienced. Injuries to the OL could be detrimental as well. O suspect we end up regular season at 10-1 or 9-2. IMO 2006 is the year with greater expectations.

Ainge already has proven himself to play solid against big teams. Auburn is the only time he really choked. He played stale from time to time, yes, but he also had the line down for ten+ seconds when he was yelling to CRS for the plays, so the defense could read him like a book.

Expect Ainge to come back this next season stronger, more mobile and with a better understanding of the offense.

Our defense is what truly worries me. If we play anything like we did in 2004, all we have to do is run into a team that plays even decently on both sides of the ball and we will be in hot water.

I could see UGA before UF or LSU, becasue they are trying out new systems and coaches early on and "may" take several games to startclicking full speed. Memphis, Bama, or ND are the three we could get caught by.

We are playing 8 teams this year that went to bowl games last year. We have to keep up our gaurd every game or we can lose. I'm thinking Florida is our make or break game. If we beat them, we got a good shot to run the table.

I think we've got to be most weary of Florida, as usual because if we win this game it sets the tempo for a great season......LSU is really the same scenario if you think about...we lose that game and it being early....It could be bad news for our season

Rankings be damned this season. I view the Vols as Sugar Bowl contenders, and rankings don't mean a thing - We just gotta win the SEC. We came || This close to pulling that off last season, with an inexperienced/injured team against a far superior Auburn team. This season, nobody in the SEC has the kind of leg up that Auburn did. We can win this and I see the Vols in the Sugar Bowl.

LSU and FLorida also scare me the most. But I'm not too terribly afraid cause the vols always seemed to play much better on the road last season. I hope they keep that up this year while also not getting beat at home like they did against Auburn and Notre Dame.

UGA

Laugh about their loss of Pollack, Greene, and others.....watch them surprise us as we surprised them.

Richt is not an idiot.

I am convinced their D comes up with a Top 2-3 D in the SEC as Martinez is a clone of Van Gorder.

VN Store

Back