A name I have heard thats interesting - Jayson Jenkins

pimo1

#orangefont always implied
Jayson Jenkins 6'6 280
Could this guy be the replacement for Tyler Baron?
I was watching Spyre Locker Room and they were interviewing Josh Josephs and Bryson Eason and asked them who they thought was an up-and-coming guy in the defense who might surprise guys and Bryson Eason mentioned him. Josh Josephs said Caleb Herring.

Thoughts? I was really worried because we don't have a lot of young guys at SDE and Baron was the only real run-blocking SDE we had last year. Most of our other ends are more pass rushers/tweeners it seems are more fit for WDE./Leo/Olb. He almost like the prototype to slide into the role Baron had.

Jayson Jenkins 6'6 280
Could this guy be the replacement for Tyler Baron?
I was watching Spyre Locker Room and they were interviewing Josh Josephs and Bryson Eason and asked them who they thought was an up-and-coming guy in the defense who might surprise guys and Bryson Eason mentioned him. Josh Josephs said Caleb Herring.

Thoughts? I was really worried because we don't have a lot of young guys at SDE and Baron was the only real run-blocking SDE we had last year. Most of our other ends are more pass rushers/tweeners it seems are more fit for WDE./Leo/Olb.
I would say Jenkins and Hobbs are a couple of younger D lineman to watch out for next year.

Hearing that made me feel a lot better about that position because I was thinking when Baron announced his transfer who plays there next year? Tyre West? nice to have another name in the mix

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We actually have good, talented depth on the D-Line, and a lot of them are coming into their 3 year. We’re gonna be fine there, just have to keep recruiting like we have, and use the portal when we have to.
Yea, here's the 12 guys from the last 2 classes.
Name Cl. Pos. Height Weight Rating
Caleb Herring Fr. DL 6' 5" 226 4
Chandavia Bradley Fr. DL 6' 5" 221 4
Tyree Weathersby Fr. DL 6' 5" 260 4
Daevin Hobbs Fr. DL 6' 4" 290 4
Nathan Robinson Fr. DL 6' 6" 285 3
Trevor Duncan Fr. DL 6' 6" 270 3
Camron Douglas R-Fr. DL 6' 3" 300 3
Joshua Helsdon R-Fr. DL 6' 4" 270 3
Jayson Jenkins R-Fr. DL 6' 6" 280 3
Joshua Josephs So. DL 6' 3" 242 4
James Pearce Jr. So. DL 6' 5" 242 4
Tyre West So. DL 6' 3" 290 4

Sorry for the poor formatting (or more correctly, no formatting)

^ This...Joshua Josephs is the likely replacement for Baron

Josephs is a little lighter than Baron, unless he adds some weight. But he'll definitely be on the strong side in certain packages, opposite Pearce and Herring. I think that SDE position will be manned in different packages by Bailey, Stevens, and West, but it would be nice to land Diggs to fill the Baron role of being a bit of a tweener as a heavy Edge/lighter DL.

I remember several times seeing him on practice videos and in what little game time he got and just thinking “that dude looks like a DUDE”…whether he pans out is still up in the air but he looks and moves like the real deal…hopefully he’s one of those diamond in the rough types…lord knows we’ve missed on several of those over the year

Josephs is a little lighter than Baron, unless he adds some weight. But he'll definitely be on the strong side in certain packages, opposite Pearce and Herring. I think that SDE position will be manned in different packages by Bailey, Stevens, and West, but it would be nice to land Diggs to fill the Baron role of being a bit of a tweener as a heavy Edge/lighter DL.
Who is Stevens? Also, don’t forget Weathersby…I think he’ll make noise assuming he’s fully recovered

I would say Jenkins and Hobbs are a couple of younger D lineman to watch out for next year.
And both have been getting their reps at DT, not SDE. I guess it’s possible that could change though. If they are as good as rumored, and all our interior dlineman return as it looks more and more likely, it will have to to make sure they don’t get discouraged and leave for more opportunity.

Reactions: Sarms58
And both have been getting their reps at DT, not SDE. I guess it’s possible that could change though. If they are as good as rumored, and all our interior dlineman return as it looks more and more likely, it will have to to make sure they don’t get discouraged and leave for more opportunity.
We need them at DT IMO…got to build the DL from the inside out…

Chandavian needs too keep eating steak and taters. He has the frame to grow into a beast of a d-end still. At 6’5 he is now listed at 221. Would like to see him add 10 before fall. Love to see him eventually at 240. I would like to know what he weighed when he got here. He was a 5 star and hopefully that type of talent shows up here in the next 2 years. GBO

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Yea, here's the 12 guys from the last 2 classes.
Name Cl. Pos. Height Weight Rating
Caleb Herring Fr. DL 6' 5" 226 4
Chandavia Bradley Fr. DL 6' 5" 221 4
Tyree Weathersby Fr. DL 6' 5" 260 4
Daevin Hobbs Fr. DL 6' 4" 290 4
Nathan Robinson Fr. DL 6' 6" 285 3
Trevor Duncan Fr. DL 6' 6" 270 3
Camron Douglas R-Fr. DL 6' 3" 300 3
Joshua Helsdon R-Fr. DL 6' 4" 270 3
Jayson Jenkins R-Fr. DL 6' 6" 280 3
Joshua Josephs So. DL 6' 3" 242 4
James Pearce Jr. So. DL 6' 5" 242 4
Tyre West So. DL 6' 3" 290 4

Sorry for the poor formatting (or more correctly, no formatting)
We have some really good talent in that group. DL looking good.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Apparently they are going pretty hard for Jamal Wallace. A Juco kid from Kansas. I heard that coach Garner really likes him. He started out as a safety but kept growing and he’s supposed to have a lot of speed and good agility. He’s visiting this weekend.

Chandavian needs too keep eating steak and taters. He has the frame to grow into a beast of a d-end still. At 6’5 he is now listed at 221. Would like to see him add 10 before fall. Love to see him eventually at 240. I would like to know what he weighed when he got here. He was a 5 star and hopefully that type of talent shows up here in the next 2 years. GBO
He may end up at TE.

He may end up at TE.
Agreed…and I’m hoping for it…we have plenty at WDE and are paper thin at TE…and when you watch Bradley’s highlights you see mostly offense…and he’s damn good at it…

Move Bradley over, add another transfer and steal Rodriguez from UK and suddenly the TE room looks way better

Agreed…and I’m hoping for it…we have plenty at WDE and are paper thin at TE…and when you watch Bradley’s highlights you see mostly offense…and he’s damn good at it…

Move Bradley over, add another transfer and steal Rodriguez from UK and suddenly the TE room looks way better
With his Athleticism, he could be our version of Kyle Pitts…

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back