A Plea To All True Tennessee Fans

BayouVol

I know this is the football board, but I figured just this one time you all would allow me to make a plea regarding something non-football. I also posted this on the baseball board but thought it would reach more people here, so here goes...please help the BaseVols out!!!

This is a call to all Tennessee fans - baseball, football, basketball, track, tennis, softball, band, soccer, rowing - whatever, we need to pack the house this weekend and get behind our team. With are currently 1/2 a game back from the overall leader in the conference, Florida, with them traveling to Vanderbilt this weekend and us hosting Georgia. We stand a good chance to win an outright SEC Championship and this team deserves to have as much fan support as possible this weekend to see them do it. I remember not being able to get a ticket in May of 1995 when Florida came to town to face Todd Helton and Tennessee with the East and overall championship on the line. I remember being there on Sunday to see the dogpile at the pitchers mound when we clinched the conference title. This team has suprassed all expectations this year - most had them pegged as the 5th team in the East this year - and they deserve more support than they've gotten. $4 for an adult, $2 for a kid...let them run wild down the first base side so they'll go to sleep good that night. It's possibly the last time we'll get to see Luke Hochevar, who could be a top 5 pick in this years draft. There is no reason we shouldn't get 4,000 every game this weekend. Game times are Friday at 7, Saturday at 7, and Sunday at 2.....get off work and head over Friday, get the lawn mowed in the morning and come Saturday, and eat lunch after church Sunday and come over to see us hopefully clinch an SEC CHAMPIONSHIP. Since the UT Marketing Dept. is about as helpful as a screen door on a submarine the true fans who actually give a rip about something besides football are gonna have to do their part this weekend. Coach D has pleaded with us on numerous occasions trying to figure out what we can do to stop this apathy towards the baseball program. Please, if you have any free time this weekend, make it out to Lindsey Nelson Stadium. This team feeds so much off our crowds, both at home and on the road. And, if nothing else, why would you not wanna see us beat Georgia's brains in in any sport??? Lets fill it up this weekend!!!!

Great post, we should support the VOLS in all sports. Winning SEC championships in anything is awesome.

I dont get much of a chance to get to knox for the Baseball games.

But i do try and keep tabs on them and any other UT sports. Except maybe Tennis and gorf.

The baseball team i got to see a few yrs back when they came to play in Bristol. And even stayed to catch the ladies softball game.

Will CSS carry the games this weekend? Go Vol's

Doesn't look like I'll be able to make out to K-Town for the 2005 season anymore... :(

My mom is fighting with my aunt who lives in Nashville right now, so any trips to the great state of Tennessee are unlikely in the near future.

Just bought tickets online for Friday. Can't wait to see Hochevar pitch.

I think I'll probably make it down for at least 2 of the games..probably will be working on Sunday.

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 18, 2005 9:29 PM
lets also lose this weekend, that would be lovely :D
[snapback]95943[/snapback]​

Congtatulations Swamp....you are the first on my iggy list. You are soooo special. :moon2: :thefinger:

Originally posted by volmanbill@May 19, 2005 12:22 AM
Congtatulations Swamp....you are the first on my iggy list. You are soooo special.  :moon2:    :thefinger:
[snapback]96069[/snapback]​

cant handle a little joke i see?

thats too bad, everyone thinks im some kinda flamer, but that is not my intent, yeah i throw a few jabs, rib ya a little bit...but cmon, thats what rivalries are made of :p

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 3:07 PM

thats too bad, everyone thinks im some kinda flamer, but that is not my intent, yeah i throw a few jabs, rib ya a little bit...but cmon, thats what rivalries are made of :p
[snapback]96213[/snapback]​

Rivalries take place on the field. YOU are not MY rival, just a fan from another team that happened to get lost and end up on a Tennessee board.
:moon2:

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@May 19, 2005 4:12 PM
YOU are not MY rival, just a fan from another team that happened to get lost and end up on a Tennessee board.

And makes up recruiting violations against Tennessee :shakehead:

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 3:07 PM

[snapback]96213[/snapback]​

Hey Florida Field, nice sig. UF becoming a basketball school now?

Nice to also see your new coach talking about the tradition of Florida football being the 90's at one of his recent alumni functions.

Originally posted by U-T@May 19, 2005 5:13 PM
And makes up recruiting violations against Tennessee  :shakehead:
[snapback]96257[/snapback]​

i just said thats what i heard, and that it was strictly a rumor....gosh, you guys twist and turn things like noone i have ever met :shakehead:

Originally posted by WolfofLon@May 19, 2005 5:25 PM
Hey Florida Field, nice sig.  UF becoming a basketball school now? 

Nice to also see your new coach talking about the tradition of Florida football being the 90's at one of his recent alumni functions.
[snapback]96264[/snapback]​

well, first of all, i would like to say its nice to have the luxery of having the decision to be a football or basketball school ;)

but to answer your q, no, it was just the best pic i found that met the size requirements

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 6:12 PM
i just said thats what i heard, and that it was strictly a rumor....gosh, you guys twist and turn things like noone i have ever met :shakehead:
[snapback]96286[/snapback]​

If you don't like it here then do us all a favor and please leave :wavey:

I'll listen to some of the action on the Internet, but I can't make the trip in this weekend.

If I went to the Gators board, I think I would just tune in and see what everyone is saying, rather than trying to incite them.

With that said, it is my policy to totally ignore folks from other schools who pop up on our board. Therefore, you will see no posts from me regarding anything anyone from another school says. To me, it is as though their posts are totally nonexistant.

And that's the truth! :nono:

It's a three hour trip for me to K-town, but I might try to head down that way Saturday. Is "Big H" pitching today or tomorrow, anybody know? :question:

Ho is pitching today, Cobb Saturday and Adkins on Sunday. We MUST get 2 of 3 in the W column this weekend.

I hope Florida gets rained out this weekend. That would even things up this year.

VN Store

Back