A question from recruiting dummy

iceman9

After last years class of skill players, is it more important that we get needs, D-line, O-line type of players. I do understand that you try to get the best players possible, but do you specifically go after a need in bulk, thanks guys............

This class already has 3 offensive linemen if that tells you anything. And they want another one.

Are we going to keep Carson Anderson..
and is this guy underated, because he's just a 2 star

I just don't think Anderson contributes here. He'll be a Cam Mayo type. He shouldn't get a scholly, but will probably because of his bloodlines.

certainly you cant be questioning our coach's decisions to offer someone? according to Rick we should never question their ability to cherry pick talent. :)

After last years class of skill players, is it more important that we get needs, D-line, O-line type of players. I do understand that you try to get the best players possible, but do you specifically go after a need in bulk, thanks guys............

Yep. But you always go after O-line and D-line, especially D-line cause the pash rush is the most physically demanding job on the field and the deeper the better. Also guys who are 6'8'' and 310 lbs like you want as an overtackle do not grow on trees.

I've heard coaches say this was a needs filling class. That said why can't we get some more highly regarded lineman? It would have been great to get a marquee recruit too like we did with Berry last year. Say what you will about the rating services they were dead on about him being all world in talent.

Speed and size and the rare combo for them are good together.What I hate is when we give scholies to 6'0 180 lbs 4.5-4.6 receivers.

certainly you cant be questioning our coach's decisions to offer someone? according to Rick we should never question their ability to cherry pick talent. :)

I never said don't question them. Question away if you so choose. All I said is that if you think you, or rivals for that matter, has gathered anywhere near the evaluation level that our coaches have on these players then you are living in dreamland.

I just don't think Anderson contributes here. He'll be a Cam Mayo type. He shouldn't get a scholly, but will probably because of his bloodlines.

To be fair to Cam, he never had a chance. His knee injury never healed right. He had multiple surgeries on it.

Sucks for him.

He never could gain enough weight either. McNeil has that same problem, though he plays through it.

IMO his rating is justified

Did you travel from KC to watch him play? How many times?

I'll admit that I don't know a thing about him except that he was probably recruited because of family ties to UT.

VN Store

Back