Aaron Greene joins Vols staff

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
..as a graduate manager. Congrats to him. He's come a long way from the days of putting up with Kevin O'Neal's crap.

The worst mistake Bruce had made in his tenure. Well, I never expected him to be perfect.

Why is this a mistake?
What does Green bring to the table? Let's look at his skills. Unless Bruce wants someone to teach our players how to speak as if they just fell off the back of a pig truck or how to dupe fans into thinking they are playing hard by diving after balls 20 feet out of bounds or other phony hustle plays, I can't see a role for Aaron.

I would say 1. it doesn't matter and 2. Pearl understands the situation better than anyone here does, so I'm sure there's a good reason for it.

What does Green bring to the table? Let's look at his skills. Unless Bruce wants someone to teach our players how to speak as if they just fell off the back of a pig truck or how to dupe fans into thinking they are playing hard by diving after balls 20 feet out of bounds or other phony hustle plays, I can't see a role for Aaron.

You guys have to understand, this is the same guy who didnt see the value of Dane Bradshaw... If they cant drain 30 footers, get 15 rebounds a game, or do 360 dunks then Hat has no use for them.

Pearl has made UT basketball viable again, and put us in a serious position to go to the Final Four, if he values something about Aaron Greene, then I trust his judgement.

if he is a graduate Manager then he will likely just be catching rebounds in shoot arounds and filling up water cooler, then doing any actual real coaching

Aaron Green was my first UT jersey (although he had nothing to do with the purchase).

if he is a graduate Manager then he will likely just be catching rebounds in shoot arounds and filling up water cooler, then doing any actual real coaching
Not accurate. Memphis had Rod Strickland in the same position last year and he tutored their guards. Long time NBA stud versus worthless hillbilly scrub? Advantage Tigers.

I must be one of the only ones here who doesn't know anything about Green. How good was he when he was here?

I agree that Green was an average player but I fail to see how that has anything to do with his abilities as a coach. How great of a college player was Bruce Pearl?

I don't know exactly what Green brings to the table but obviously Bruce see some benefit to bringing him on board.

..as a graduate manager. Congrats to him. He's come a long way from the days of putting up with Kevin O'Neal's crap.
Good call Freak.Seems some people will complain on here just about every dam move that UT makes.Gets a little old and childish after all the smoke has cleared. I actually enjoy real Vol fans myself.

Good call Freak.Seems some people will complain on here just about every dam move that UT makes.Gets a little old and childish after all the smoke has cleared. I actually enjoy real Vol fans myself.

Careful with that comment. Hatvol may just insult you.

VN Store

Back