Added a DE to the '13 class- Kendal Vickers

From what I was able to read, it said he had academic concerns. Do we believe these concerns have been cleared up?

So that gives us five dlineman for the 2013 class. We have Malik Brown, Corey Vereen, and Kendal Vickers at Leo defensive end and Jason Carr and Jaylen Miller at strong side defensive end. Wish we had some true DTs but that is a pretty solid dline class.

Vickers and Brown probably aren't going to be LEO DEs. Just my opinion and you are entitled to yours as I'm to mine but just think Veeren and Maggit will hold that position down the next two years. Vickers and Brown have the ability to hold weights around 260-265. I'm not sure Veeren will ever be that big which is why I think he's more of a hybrid LB/DE.

True but I was just thinking since played a lot with out his hand in the ground which is what the leo does. I say a lot of these guys will play both linebacker and defensive end depending on the situation on the field.

So that gives us five dlineman for the 2013 class. We have Malik Brown, Corey Vereen, and Kendal Vickers at Leo defensive end and Jason Carr and Jaylen Miller at strong side defensive end. Wish we had some true DTs but that is a pretty solid dline class.
Miller and Carr may grow into DT in a year or two. I hope at least one of the 2013 class members can grow in a DT.

Reactions: 1 person
True but I was just thinking since played a lot with out his hand in the ground which is what the leo does. I say a lot of these guys will play both linebacker and defensive end depending on the situation on the field.

I think you will be really surprised as to how this defense will look. They will have two set players for the Leo and the rest must be able to rush from the strong side. I'd imagine something of this nature in 2014

SDE: Willams/Carr/Miller/ Lewis/ Bynum
DT: Carson/Carr/ JuCo player
DT: O'Brien/JuCo player
LEO: Maggit/,Veeren/Lewis/Bynum

Carson plays the 3 technique and O'Brien play the 1 technique. This will put Willims in the 5 technique but instead of him taking both the T and TE Carson will take the T and G leaving a 1 on 1 on the outside with the TE vs Williams. On running downs Walls will play a lot of SDE and will take on both the TE and T leaving a 1 on 1 with the DT playing the 3 technique. This will jam the outside on run plays. O'Brein will be taking the center and guard in the 1 technique leaving Maggit in a 1 on 1 vs the LT in the LEO.

This years passing downs could look like:

SDE: Williams/Walls/Carr
DT: Miller/ Carr
DT: Couch/ Hood
LEO: Maggit/Veeren/Lewis/Bynum

WLB: Brewer/Bynum
MLB: AJ
SLB: Sapp

I think you will be really surprised as to how this defense will look. They will have two set players for the Leo and the rest must be able to rush from the strong side. I'd imagine something of this nature in 2014

Carson plays the 3 technique and O'Brien play the 1 technique. This will put Willims in the 5 technique but instead of him taking both the T and TE Carson will take the T and G leaving a 1 on 1 on the outside with the TE vs Williams. On running downs Walls will play a lot of SDE and will take on both the TE and T leaving a 1 on 1 with the DT playing the 3 technique. This will jam the outside on run plays. O'Brein will be taking the center and guard in the 1 technique leaving Maggit in a 1 on 1 vs the LT in the LEO.

Sal?

j/k

Reactions: 1 person

Looks good but u forgot bout big Dan and Jacques Smith. They will be starting for sure. If Maggitt stays at Leo then I see Jac moving to strongside defensive end and aka Marlon Walls will be in the rotation at Sde as well

Looks good but u forgot bout big Dan and Jacques Smith. They will be starting for sure. If Maggitt stays at Leo then I see Jac moving to strongside defensive end and aka Marlon Walls will be in the rotation at Sde as well

Maggit will be the only one here in 2014. Walls, McCullers, and Smith are graduating.

I was just talking passing downs, sorry didn't make that clear. Both Dan and Smith will start on all run situations IMO with Walls and Couch.

I hope AJ doesn't declare so we can seem him prosper in his senior year.

no, im the one who posted it in the recruiting forum, just came over to the football forum and didnt see it posted here. i know theres a lot of people who dont make it to the recruiting forum

The odd thing is I started thread here about Vickers and it vanished.

VN Store

Back