Advise me on NCAA 2024 and which console to get

DaytonLawVol

I want to get back into the video game sole game, but really only to play NCAA 2024. WHen I was at UT in the early 2000s...this was THE game to play. It was a part of existing as a college student back then. Now that its back, I have a wife, family and normal adult obligations. At this point I want to play the game and to introduce it to my 11 year old son. Problem is...I have NO clue which console to get. Advise me.

I think you'd be fine with either console, if NCAA 2025 (non-online) is solely the reason you need one. If you're looking to play online dynasty with people on here, it looks like most have the PS5?

I’m a father of a toddler and don’t get to play all that much. To get into gaming reasonably I’d recommend the Xbox Series S. It’s perfect imo for the occasional gamer. Probably half the cost of a PS5 and Xbox X.

I want to get back into the video game sole game, but really only to play NCAA 2024. WHen I was at UT in the early 2000s...this was THE game to play. It was a part of existing as a college student back then. Now that its back, I have a wife, family and normal adult obligations. At this point I want to play the game and to introduce it to my 11 year old son. Problem is...I have NO clue which console to get. Advise me.

Here's my 2 cents...

I have both PS5 and Xbox Series X, but I'm partial to PS5. If you're absolutely certain this is the ONLY game you're going to play, I would advise you to get the system where most of your friends are playing (or your sons friends). Does your son have a preference? Has he expressed which console he's interested in? While you may not play any other games, I'm sure he will want to. That's something to consider as well.

While it is cheaper, my issue with the Xbox Series S is that it's gimped in power compared to the PS5 and Series X and with that, it's not as future proofed as the other 2 models. Plus, there's going to be an NCAA 26, NCAA 27, etc and over time, that power gap is only going to widen as EA updates the engine and adds more features in future iterations. Personally I would rather pay a little more on the front end and have the better performance.

Here's my 2 cents...

I have both PS5 and Xbox Series X, but I'm partial to PS5. If you're absolutely certain this is the ONLY game you're going to play, I would advise you to get the system where most of your friends are playing (or your sons friends). Does your son have a preference? Has he expressed which console he's interested in? While you may not play any other games, I'm sure he will want to. That's something to consider as well.

While it is cheaper, my issue with the Xbox Series S is that it's gimped in power compared to the PS5 and Series X and with that, it's not as future proofed as the other 2 models. Plus, there's going to be an NCAA 26, NCAA 27, etc and over time, that power gap is only going to widen as EA updates the engine and adds more features in future iterations. Personally I would rather pay a little more on the front end and have the better performance.

If playing online there’s crossplay so you should be able to play anyone on any console. That said get the ps5, can’t take it with you.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
That's a good point about cross play. I forgot about that.

I’m not sure how you would play an online game against a friend on a different console. I know on COD you can have friends from different consoles that work with just that game so you can invite them to parties and what not. Not sure if it works that way on ncaa 25.

I’m not sure how you would play an online game against a friend on a different console. I know on COD you can have friends from different consoles that work with just that game so you can invite them to parties and what not. Not sure if it works that way on ncaa 25.
I'm not sure. I'm not a huge online gamer anyway but all of my friends group play on PS5.

You can’t crossplay dynasty (IIRC) which I think is a problem.

I play my Xbox more, the kids play the PS5 more. I still got it for PS5 as that’s what my friends (and I used to play it on).

VN Store

Back