Air

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
Don't know why I waited to see this one. So good!!

The soundtrack, plus the flashbacks to '84, were great!

It's a fantastic story as well.

It's kinda funny how they decide what goes into the "true" stories. The producers asked Michael Jordan for his blessing and he said he wanted Viola Davis to play his Mother. In the script, his Mom had 2 lines and they knew VD wouldn't take a part with 2 lines, so they completely re-wrote a version of Michael Jordan's Mom where she's basically his savvy business manager.

Reactions: CAVPUT
It's kinda funny how they decide what goes into the "true" stories. The producers asked Michael Jordan for his blessing and he said he wanted Viola Davis to play his Mother. In the script, his Mom had 2 lines and they knew VD wouldn't take a part with 2 lines, so they completely re-wrote a version of Michael Jordan's Mom where she's basically his savvy business manager.
Two lines or twenty in the movie doesn't change what she did for him.

Two lines or twenty in the movie doesn't change what she did for him.

What did she do for him? Are you saying she was a savvy biz manager? What would you base this on? All I'm saying is true or not, part of the story we got was based on production convenience.

What did she do for him? Are you saying she was a savvy biz manager? What would you base this on? All I'm saying is true or not, part of the story we got was based on production convenience.
I'm saying he never would have met with Nike if it wasn't for her. Not sure where you think she was trying to be a manager, she just supported his decisions and advocated for him.

I'm saying he never would have met with Nike if it wasn't for her. Not sure where you think she was trying to be a manager, she just supported his decisions and advocated for him.

For example, she did not push for a % of profits, which is one of the savvy biz moves the movie attributes to her

We watched it tonight, and I thought it was really good. I have no idea how true to the story it was.

VN Store

Back