Alabama Game

vols3131

Does anyone know why CBS isn't televising the UT Bama game this year? Will ESPN get it or Jefferson Pilot?

Originally posted by U-T@May 24, 2005 10:52 AM
It hasn't been decided yet
[snapback]97642[/snapback]​

It will be a 3:30 game on CBS. I would love for us to finally get a Bama game at night on CBS.

If Arkansas is somehow decent this year, Ark at UGA could steal the game.

I know, I know....this is Tenn/Alabama

But Alabama could very well have three maybe four losses by the time they come to UT

Originally posted by U-T@May 24, 2005 12:16 PM
If Arkansas is somehow decent this year, Ark at UGA could steal the game.

I know, I know....this is Tenn/Alabama

But Alabama could very well have three maybe four losses by the time they come to UT
[snapback]97648[/snapback]​

I don't think the Tennessee/Bama game will get bumped. You know how the media loves the drama of Fulmer against Bama. They will be all over it.

If Alabama losses 3 games before UT and Arkansas has just 1 loss with an undefeated UGA, I could very well see Ark/UGA being picked

The UT-Bama game is already slated for CBS @ 3:30. CBS has made their choice. ESPN cannot get a UT game until CBS has made a decision and right now the only game CBS has said they will not Televise is the UAB game.

Known TV games for UT

at Florida 8:00 on CBS
Georgia 3:30 on CBS
at Alabama 3:30 on CBS
at Notre Dame 2:30 on NBC

No Decision on the LSU game or Ole Miss Game yet.

Most ESPN and JP games are only going to be set a week or two in advance.

Can you give me a link to CBS already picking?

From what I understand, CBS has made initial slots but have no obligation whatsoever to keep them until their decision the week before.

I hope CBS picks up the LSU game, our chances improve if we're not playing there at night (on ESPN).

Not saying we won't win regardless... just wanting to keep the odds in our favor.

Originally posted by Vol 4 Life@May 25, 2005 10:56 PM
I hope CBS picks up the LSU game, our chances improve if we're not playing there at night (on ESPN).

Not saying we won't win regardless... just wanting to keep the odds in our favor.
[snapback]98137[/snapback]​

That is a really good point . . .

Maybe, but I don't think there's any doubt that it's better to play in Baton Rouge in the daytime so that you give those drunk cajuns less time to get amped up before the game. :D

Hey now!!!!!!!! I'll be a drunk cajun.................but in orange so yea I guess your right!!!!!!!! :dlol:

Do you really think anybody is going to reject the national exposure of playing on CBS?

Originally posted by U-T@May 26, 2005 9:55 AM
LSU - The most over-rated college experience in college football.
[snapback]98281[/snapback]​

So, where are you in LA? Are you going to make it to the game this year?? :D

Originally posted by la.lovesorange@May 27, 2005 10:25 AM
So, where are you in LA? Are you going to make it to the game this year?? :D
[snapback]98484[/snapback]​

I am in Metairie, LA right now but won't be here for long.

Oh ok!!!!! Im not too crazy about Metairie. Go there shopping once in a while but traffic is hell!!!!!

You can always count on JP Sports to ruin a game...which is why i just travel to the away games. Anyone wanting to go to South Bend with us in the fall...

VN Store

Back