All right guys time to vote.

Rate this years Florida game.

• Total voters
I say it was pretty close to the 98 game. That one had a little more meaning i think. This one was still huge. We now have won 2 in a row and 3 out of the last 4 against the Lizards.

I said best ever because even though we were favored by 2-3 points, nobody ('cept us true fans) REALLY thought we had a chance against Sis Leak with true freshmen quarterbacks.

any win is great especially against the Gators, this one was special cause they didn't give up and did you belive it when Fulmer went 4 it on 4th down? :wassup:

The game in 2001 had national championship implications. This year's game was great, but the win in 2001, in my opinion, was much bigger.

Yeah. Vols, while quite good, are not championship contenders this year. The freshmen, while proving themselves quite good, have yet to face an extremley good defense (I felt Florida's defense left a lot to be desired), and Ten's own defense has too many holes in it. But in two seasons' time... Championship time, baby B)

Originally posted by volmanjr@Sep 19, 2004 11:35 PM
any win is great especially against the Gators, this one was special cause they didn't give up and did you belive it when Fulmer went 4 it on 4th down? :wassup:

No I couldn't believe it. If we don't make that play the game is over. Very unlike Fulmer imo.

My personal favorite call was the throwback screen on the 3rd down prior to that. Where did that come from? I can't remember the last time I saw us run that.

You have to admit Fulmer has been unpredictable...Mid-life crisis? :question: or fear of unemployment line? :question: whatever is causing it I kinda like it! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by volmanjr@Sep 20, 2004 11:12 AM
You have to admit Fulmer has been unpredictable...Mid-life crisis? :question: or fear of unemployment line? :question: whatever is causing it I kinda like it! :thumbsup:

kinda reminds me of the early '90s when Shuler was qb.

Originally posted by GAVol@Sep 20, 2004 11:44 AM
My personal favorite call was the throwback screen on the 3rd down prior to that. Where did that come from? I can't remember the last time I saw us run that.

I can't remember when the last time we ran that play was. You gotta love the call though.

I went with the best game since 1998. We had a chance to put them away early, but had a couple of mistakes that we thankfully overcame!

I got almost the same feeling I did in 98. But beating Spurrier for the first time in a while meant so much more.

I think this was the best since 98 for sure. All the 3rd and 4th down conversions were heart stopping........What a sweet victory! :pepper:

Originally posted by vol_freak@Sep 19, 2004 6:59 PM
I say it was pretty close to the 98 game. That one had a little more meaning i think. This one was still huge. We now have won 2 in a row and 3 out of the last 4 against the Lizards.

I agree,The 98 game was the first game I ever went to. So I think that game will always be the best in my mind

To be honest, I enjoyed the 1990, 1992, 1998, 2001, 2003, and 2004 games against Florida!

'90 @Tenn 45, (#9) Fla 3
'92 @Tenn 31, (#4) Fla 14
'98 @Tenn 20, (#2) Fla 17 OT
'01 Tenn 34, @(#2) Fla 32
'03 Tenn 24, @(#17) Fla 10
'04 @Tenn 30, (#9) Fla 28

shawn1.jpg

VN Store

Back