Allen and McBride

Tnvolfan68

Allen and McBride Take Home Player of the Week Awards
Vols tally a player of the week in all six wins this season

Oct. 25, 2004

Jason Allen

Turk McBride

Jason Allen was named the Walter Camp Football Foundation National Division I-A Defensive Player of the Week after recording a season-high 15 tackles (10 solo) as the 11th-ranked Volunteers held off SEC-rival Alabama, 17-13.

Allen, a native of Muscle Shoals, Ala., also recorded one pass breakup to lead a Tennessee defensive unit that held the Crimson Tide to just 218 yards of total offense.

Also, sophomore defensive tackle Turk McBride was named the Southeastern Conference Defensive Lineman of the Week after forcing a fumble on the second play of the Alabama game leading to Parys Haralson's 18-yard return for a touchdown in UT's win. He is the first Vol to earn the award.

McBride finished the game with seven total tackles, including a sack to go with the early-game tackle for loss.

He was making his second career start and first at tackle.

In all six wins this season, Tennessee has had at least one play earn a conference player of the week award. Here is the list of the player of the week awards

Originally posted by GIVEHIM-6@Oct 25, 2004 12:14 PM
I was really impressed with T. Mcbrides performance. :good:

Turk really stood out. That's great to see a youngster step up like that when his name is called.

I was really hoping Allen would be fired up playing against his home state. He was, and probably had one of the best games of his career

VN Store

Back