Alonzo Winfield- Reconsidering Committment

I think there was something posted about this in one of these threads, but Rivals.com just put an article up about it. Apparently, Winfield likes South Carolina a lot now. Maybe this is because of UT signing a couple high-profile LBs (Walker and hopefully Donald).

VolQuest.com - USC has Tennessee commit re-considering

I don't like loosing recruits to anyone, especially to Spurrier, but I think it would work out for us in the long run. Only thing is, I believe he would make an excellent SS and I think that's gonna be his strong suit in the SEC.

This is one step towards us being able to "make the numbers work" with this class. If we ranked our recruits 1-23 at this point Winfield would certainly be 22 or 23. It just frees up a scholly for one of the players we will be landing in the next month.

Yeah, his father has comfirmed that he changed to South Carolina. This is a win-win situation. He would have struggled to find playing time at UT. He will be able to get on the field at USC. And, it helps UT because we can now use his scholly for a better player.

Other news, Joe Chiasson is struggling right now. We are officially out of the picture because we no longer have an offer for him. His only visit is to Arkansas and they have not even offered yet. I think he is going to have to end up settling on a lower level school.

He may end up as a stud, I just don't see it. He doesn't have great size, nor speed. He isn't very physical, nor explosive, either.

He may end up as a stud, I just don't see it. He doesn't have great size, nor speed. He isn't very physical, nor explosive, either.

Come on now. If he didn't have great size, speed, physicality, nor explosiveness, we wouldn't have recruited him in the first place.

I have no idea why we took him. Watch his film. We took him pretty early so maybe we didn't expect to have such a good class. A 6' 200lb LB with 4.55 speed isn't big enough. A 6' 200lb S with 4.55 speed isn't fast enough.

Come on now. If he didn't have great size, speed, physicality, nor explosiveness, we wouldn't have recruited him in the first place.

We recruited Jarod Parrish and Sinclair Cannon. Coaches aren't always right when it comes to evaluations and sometimes they take kids that never get off the bench.

Also we we were recruiting him at safety. I think SC wants him at LB and honestly I think it's going take at least 2 years before he contributes. His film at LB was horrible. He has pretty good speed and athletic ability but he couldn't tackle at all.

we supposedly had 7 commits from dbacks also...so losing one or two, now shouldn't be a huge loss...if memory serves, it was the deepest position we had in this class.

Yeah, his father has comfirmed that he changed to South Carolina. This is a win-win situation. He would have struggled to find playing time at UT. He will be able to get on the field at USC. And, it helps UT because we can now use his scholly for a better player.

Other news, Joe Chiasson is struggling right now. We are officially out of the picture because we no longer have an offer for him. His only visit is to Arkansas and they have not even offered yet. I think he is going to have to end up settling on a lower level school.

I wonder if his myspace site is still all UT stuff? Anybody got a link?

Fear Spurrier, Fear the Gamecocks, Fear the future. SC may have a better class than UT this year smart guy.

VN Store

Back