America's Suburban Crime Problem

It's because the city won't prosecute anyone. Once the criminals get out of the suburb, they are home free...

For example, in Germantown, a wealthy Memphis suburb, the crime rate goes up the closer you get to the Nonconnah Expressway (385). Once the criminals get out of Germantown or Collierville city limits, they are off scott free since Memphis PD ain't gonna assist...

It's because the city won't prosecute anyone. Once the criminals get out of the suburb, they are home free...

For example, in Germantown, a wealthy Memphis suburb, the crime rate goes up the closer you get to the Nonconnah Expressway (385). Once the criminals get out of Germantown or Collierville city limits, they are off scott free since Memphis PD ain't gonna assist...
Don’t say that lol… after 15 years in Midtown, we’re finally headed east to Germantown :/

Reactions: StarRaider

Lived there. Incredible.

Are you saying Germantown is incredible?

It is very nice. In Collierville, over 90% of the crime is Poplar south to the 385 corridor. The criminals know the Highway Patrol has pretty much abandoned Shelby County so if they get to 385, they are home free...

Don’t say that lol… after 15 years in Midtown, we’re finally headed east to Germantown :/

It's nice. Watch your speed on South Germantown Rd (especially South of Stout)....

That's the area closest to 385 and you'll see more speed traps in that area...

I got pulled over twice last winter driving an Hyundai and their excuse was "we couldn't tell if you had a seat belt on".

My sister moved from Midtown 2 blocks from Rhodes to Germantown recently. That city sucks.
Lot of good memories made in Midtown. Many a night spent Downtown too, or on the Square or Cooper Young.

Just older now with kids in school. Time to head east, to “the country” as my wife calls it lol.

Lot of good memories made in Midtown. Many a night spent Downtown too, or on the Square or Cooper Young.

Just older now with kids in school. Time to head east, to “the country” as my wife calls it lol.

If Germantown is the country, what is Arlington or Oakland to her 😂

VN Store

Back