Andor (Disney +)

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
I'm not a huge fan of the Disney Star Wars shows, I think Mando is crazy overrated. But after seeing the reviews on this show I had to check it out.

After 3 episodes I can say.... this might be a whole different league of show than the rest of them. This is the truly adult Star Wars the world has been asking for. Holy crap this show is well done.

To me it’s what Blade Runner was SUPPOSED to be.

???

Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049 are awesome. The 1982 original changed the way science fiction depicts futuristic landscapes forever.
I’m aware of it’s popularity and cult status. Matter of personal preference. Always put me to sleep. Never even attempted 2049. Shouldn’t hamper your enjoyment.

I’m aware of it’s popularity and cult status. Matter of personal preference. Always put me to sleep. Never even attempted 2049. Shouldn’t hamper your enjoyment.
You will see a wider range of opinions on Blade Runner, than any other film in modern history. You are not alone.

It was mostly panned at the time of its release. It has a deliberate and slow pace to it. It's more art house than action. That's not what people were expecting from a sci-fi summer movie starring Harrison Ford and directed by Ridley Scott at the time (1982). This was the height of the Star Wars popularity. BR is as far removed from SW as it gets.

There is no denying it's influence on science fiction film making, though. It's bleak, urban decay has been copied for 40 years.

Reactions: Hopeful Vol
You will see a wider range of opinions on Blade Runner, than any other film in modern history. You are not alone.

It was mostly panned at the time of its release. It has a deliberate and slow pace to it. It's more art house than action. That's not what people were expecting from a sci-fi summer movie starring Harrison Ford and directed by Ridley Scott at the time (1982). This was the height of the Star Wars popularity. BR is as far removed from SW as it gets.

There is no denying it's influence on science fiction film making, though. It's bleak, urban decay has been copied for 40 years.
Blade Runner is one of my favorite sci fi movies.

I'm not a huge fan of the Disney Star Wars shows, I think Mando is crazy overrated. But after seeing the reviews on this show I had to check it out.

After 3 episodes I can say.... this might be a whole different league of show than the rest of them. This is the truly adult Star Wars the world has been asking for. Holy crap this show is well done.
Andor is too slow for me personally and we already know his fate. Give me a show or movie about the orgin of the Jedi and Sith and their war against each other of course this happens thousands of years ago in the Star Wars galaxy history but it would be cool to see a different era and time at least than the same time periods that have been covered to death at this point the Skywalker time period.

Reactions: Pennheel

I like it too.

However, it does not hold a candle to "vintage" Star Wars from the late 70's and early 80's.

... and by vintage, I'm talking about The Star Wars Holiday Special, of course.

Trying to figure out why anybody would juxtapose Andor and Blade Runner. Both are amazing and totally different. They're not even the same genre. Blade Runner is sci fi and Star Wars is space adventure/fantasy.

Reactions: Pennheel
Just finished the heist episode tonight. It's criminal more people aren't talking about this show.

I agree, I think it's sadly a victim of Star Wars fatigue and the worst part is as an actual drama it's the best SW show by far and the best SW since Rogue One.

I also just finished Narcos: Mexico so pretty high on Diego Luna right now.

I agree, I think it's sadly a victim of Star Wars fatigue and the worst part is as an actual drama it's the best SW show by far and the best SW since Rogue One.

I also just finished Narcos: Mexico so pretty high on Diego Luna right now.

Definitely frustrating that the world is so high on Mando, which is "meh" at best, then they drop out a truly gripping series like this and it goes under the radar.

You won't find any silly over the top southern mechanic ladies in this show. Just pure grit and tension.

Definitely frustrating that the world is so high on Mando, which is "meh" at best, then they drop out a truly gripping series like this and it goes under the radar.

You won't find any silly over the top southern mechanic ladies in this show. Just pure grit and tension.

It's probably the closest to an R rated SW show/movie we'll get. I like that they aren't afraid to kill off characters and like Rogue One they show that the Rebellion side isn't exactly all good and earnest. There's heavy shades of gray to get to where they want to be.

It's probably the closest to an R rated SW show/movie we'll get. I like that they aren't afraid to kill off characters and like Rogue One they show that the Rebellion side isn't exactly all good and earnest. There's heavy shades of gray to get to where they want to be.

People get mad at Disney for a lot of things when it comes to Star Wars, but their willingness to show the not-so-wholesome roots of the origins of the Rebel Alliance deserves respect.

I'm not trying to downplay anyone's enjoyment of the show,but it's a little too much on the slow burn side and I enjoy shows with a good balance of that. Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049 as mentioned earlier were like that for me. To each their own though. Everyone has their preferences.

Andor is too slow for me personally and we already know his fate. Give me a show or movie about the orgin of the Jedi and Sith and their war against each other of course this happens thousands of years ago in the Star Wars galaxy history but it would be cool to see a different era and time at least than the same time periods that have been covered to death at this point the Skywalker time period.

I’ve heard a few people say “we already know his fate” but that is like saying you don’t like the prequels because you already knew he became Darth Vader.

As for comparison to Mando, that show is just meant to be fun adventure and not overly serious. Much like the original trilogy.

VN Store

Back