Antonio Bell looking around?

i like Antonio bell, but i really dont see him getting much PT at UT!
we just got Wilkes, so he's prolly not to happy about that!
and there are other WR's more highly rated than him that we have a good chance at landing!

I'm not upset about it. It happens. He isn't backing out, we just don't have a spot for him anymore. That either means that Wilks took his scholly or that some other highly WR that we don't know about, yet, took it. Personally, I'd rather have Wilks. Then again, I wanted Daniel Brooks more than Patrick Willis. I guess we will see.

well, I hate that we would do that to a kid, it cant help our rep in the recruiting circles. Im sure it happens all the time, but it just seems sort of unethical.

well, I hate that we would do that to a kid, it cant help our rep in the recruiting circles. Im sure it happens all the time, but it just seems sort of unethical.

How's it any different when a kid commits so coaches stop taking other players because there is no more room and then that kid changes his mind at the last minute and goes to a different school?

Recruiting is a dirty game.

How's it any different when a kid commits so coaches stop taking other players because there is no more room and then that kid changes his mind at the last minute and goes to a different school?

Recruiting is a dirty game.

Well, it's different in that a 40+ year old adult should held to a higher standard than a 17 or 18 year old kid, dont you think?

very intelligent discussion, you make a great point

You asked my opinion and I told you no. Recruits lie to coaches just like coaches lie to recruits. An 18 year old who can go fight in a war understands and should be held accountable for lying to or misleading a coach IMO.

Well, it's different in that a 40+ year old adult should held to a higher standard than a 17 or 18 year old kid, dont you think?

Let's say, for conversation, that UT has a silent verbal from a consensus top 5 national receiver....so, now they don't have room for Bell.

As a fan, would you prefer for Fulmer and Co. to turn down the top 5 receiver and keep Bell? Or do you support the decision to accept the other kid's verbal?

I'm not upset about it. It happens. He isn't backing out, we just don't have a spot for him anymore. That either means that Wilks took his scholly or that some other highly WR that we don't know about, yet, took it. Personally, I'd rather have Wilks. Then again, I wanted Daniel Brooks more than Patrick Willis. I guess we will see.

Shame on you ha ha.

Let's say, for conversation, that UT has a silent verbal from a consensus top 5 national receiver....so, now they don't have room for Bell.

As a fan, would you prefer for Fulmer and Co. to turn down the top 5 receiver and keep Bell? Or do you support the decision to accept the other kid's verbal?

Only a guess, or.....???

Only a guess, or.....???

probably only a guess since he said "lets say, for conversation"

Not even a guess. Just one of those "what if" situations.

Yeah...I was just creating a scenario for Rex. He took a stab at the coaching staff for mishandling the situation with Bell. Calling their ethics into question.

And on the other hand, he's made several negative remarks about recruiting less heralded players while the "big names" sign with our rivals.

The bottom line is that the staff has a limited number of scholarships. It's unfortunate to offer Bell and take the offer back, but at least the staff was straightforward with him, and let him know about it with 4 months before signing day. Rex would be here moaning about our recruiting rankings in February if they were lower than Florida, Georgia and LSU...but if we take the kids scholly and give it to a higher ranked player, he's here moaning about how our coaches have no character. You can't have it both ways.

the coaches have a business to run with the UT football program and they have to get who they feel will be the most productive... its all business baby, nothing personal

VN Store

Back