Any surprises in the tournament thus far

TennFan

The only surprise to me was how close Belmont came to beating Duke. I had Kansas St beating USC and the Aggies winning. I figured the UK/Marquette game a toss up(picked UK) knowing that Marquette might win.

Not really, I guess if you go by seeding the K State-USC game was a surprise, but to anyone paying attention, not so much. I wish Belmont would have spanked Duke's pansy arse.

I was surprised that Kent St. sucked it up like they did in the 1st half against UNLV....I thought Kent St. would win that one.

I'm surprised at how horrible Kent State played. No matter what happens tomorrow, they are at least tied for right to be named the biggest failure of the tournament.

I'm surprised at how I didn't know before I made my pick of USC that 96% of their scoring came from Sophomores or below. I can never seem to find a statistic like that when I'm trying to pick a toss-up game.

I'm still surprised that Arizona made the tournament. They had nothing on their resume that made them better than ASU, and they definately proved it today. If they got in on strength of schedule (exactly why they got in, btw), then how do you explain Tennessee's placement?

The selection committee contradicted themselves when explaining their choices. They mentioned SOS for Arizona being in, but then said rpi and SOS are not that important when discussing the seeding of the top 8 or so teams. So apparently rpi and sos's are just tools they can use as excuses for certain decisions, but can ignore for others?

I don't know. Since the committee rotates membership, perhaps they should formulate a more consistent system or set of guidelines. Just call me crazy.

I know, just think if Duke and Xavier would have went down yesterday. UCLA would easily slip into the final 4 by beating everyone by 20 points

VN Store

Back