Anybody Know

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
what this story on Scout is about?

[SIZE=+1]Hitting the Trifecta?[/SIZE]
During a time of year when we’re allowed to indulge our dreams, encouraged to identify our goals and permitted to peer into the future, there’s an intriguing, and potentially transformative, Tennessee recruiting scenario that appears fanciful, but is fully grounded in fact.
Full Story | Discuss

Story is about possibly landing Berry, Austin and Donald. Written because they are all number 1 at their respective positions.

You know if you stop and think that would be amazing if we could do that: No. 1 cornerback, No.1 strongside linebacker, and No. 1 defensive tackle. Man that would be a good defense a few years down the road.

If that happens I will post something positive about Fulmer.

We won't hold our breath.

If you do though, don't forget to break it up into about 3 different threads. :neener:

Hope you had a good Holiday Season and a better New Year.

It it happens, I will refrain from refering to UTs head coach as "Phil" for at least a few months in the off-season.

We won't hold our breath.

If you do though, don't forget to break it up into about 3 different threads. :neener:

Hope you had a good Holiday Season and a better New Year.

remember OS, he has to land Donald (which is really a gimmie) and Austin (which is not that big of a longshot) before anything happens. I will, however, say that Phil is slightly less fat.....that's positive isnt it?

I don't think it's that big of a longshot. USC is all the way across the country, he may say distance is not a factor and it may not be, but I have to believe when it comes down to have to make a decision time 2200 miles from home will play into it. FSU is in the middle of some hard times right now that will not be easily fixed and I don't think he will want to wait 2 or 3 years for UNC to be competetive, all of those factors plus the chance to play in front of 100,000 plus in the SEC puts us right up there in the final decision.

USC also is playing for titles every year(which makes us look like we are going through hard times compared to them) and they have one of the best broadcasting majors in the nation(Austin's intended major). FSU is going through hard times, but still shoveling DL into the NFL and they've been going through hard times, but it isn't easy to tell Diddy no. He is also visiting on the banquet weekend which is almost a lock. UNC is UNC, but they have Butch. CPF is a good recruiter, but not close to Butch. Butch assembled the most talented team in the history of the game.

what is the deal with the "banquet weekend?" You all talk about it like they're handing out 100.00 bills. What's the big deal?

It is just the last weekend before signing day when tons of FSU alumni come in and the studs are invited to officially visit. Most of the time, if Bobby wants the kid and they visit on that weekend, they end up a Nole.

I don't pay any mind to what he says as far as his leaders. FSU, USC, UT, UNC, and Maryland are all in it. I just think based on his recruitment that we won't be his choice.

Alot easier to play for titles in the PAC-10, but titles are titles and yes that looks good for USC. With the run they have had I would think they would be mighty appealing to any High School football stud but it's still 2200 miles away. Yes FSU is still FSU but banquet weekend after a 6-6 year which included embarressing losses and coaching turnover may not be the lock it used to be. Butch Davis is now recruiting at UNC not Miami - big difference! All of that together should give us as good a shot as you could hope for against that kind of competition.

I don't think we are. We are pursuing him as hard as the rest of the DTs on our board, but not singling him out like the other schools are. Maybe if we land another DT(Brimfield, Davis, Perry) then we can pursue him harder since we will have filled that need and have no issues if we don't land him. Kind of like Donald, it isn't a need, so we can press for him instead of looking at 5 LBs just to fill the need.

Distance isn't a big deal to alot of people. If we go with distance, he would pick Maryland or FSU(since they play alot of teams from that area). As long as Diddy is at FSU, they will land their share of studs, like it or not. Big difference between UNC and UM, but it has already made a huge impact on Marvin. You may underestimate Davis.

I don't underestimate anybody or any program I just think everything factored in gives us as good a shot as the rest.

Austin isn't afraid to voice his opinion and, from what I've heard, he won't be a Vol. He has told Vol fans to not hold their breath, it ain't happening, and he doesn't want to be a hillbilly. Take it for what it's worth, but that comes from fans that talked to him on his visit to the LSU game.

He would be a coup, but I'm not holding my breath. There is a reason we are pursuing so many other DTs.

Distance isn't a big deal to alot of people. If we go with distance, he would pick Maryland or FSU(since they play alot of teams from that area). As long as Diddy is at FSU, they will land their share of studs, like it or not. Big difference between UNC and UM, but it has already made a huge impact on Marvin. You may underestimate Davis.

who is "diddy"?

VN Store

Back