Anyone get NCAA football 2006 yet ?

Volsaholic

Most CompUSA stores have received it already and some have mistakenly put it on the shelves a co-worker of mine picked it up yesterday by time I got down there they were sold-out of the PS2 version but still had a couple Xbox versions left. I drove all the way down to the next closest CompUSA about 30 miles away and the manager told me they had them in stock but he wouldn’t sell me one until the 12th . I ended up ordering one from DVDPlanet.com for 34.97 including shipping and since I was a new customer they emailed me a $3.00 coupon to boot. So in the end I’m kind of glad the nerdy manager didn’t sell me the game for $49.99 after all

Did he really get one?

I heard this whole CompUSA thing was a bogus rumor

Should be. Apparantley EA has gotten the message that just because they are the only company allowed to make sports games out there doesn't mean they can make their games suck. The same should be applicable to NCAA.

Originally posted by U-T@Jul 6, 2005 7:00 PM
Did he really get one?

I heard this whole CompUSA thing was a bogus rumor
[snapback]110773[/snapback]​

It's not a rumor they had them in stock at both stores I went to today, but only one had them in the lock glass case on display If I had an X-Box I would have bought it today.

Originally posted by RckytopQB16@Jul 6, 2005 7:05 PM
When is your game from Dvdplanet supposed to get shipped to you?
[snapback]110777[/snapback]​

I won't know until tomorrow I call their 800 number but they told me to call back after the order is in their system.

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@Jul 6, 2005 7:08 PM
Will it be that much better than last yrs though??
[snapback]110779[/snapback]​

I don't know but I can't help myself from buying it it the only video game I play I bought Madden last year for the last time I only played in about 5 times where as with NCAA Football 2005 I went through 10 seasons. the graphics this year look better from the previews I saw.

Just talked to the Knoxville Comp USA, and they told me that they sold out of them already! Apparently, they released them before the date allowed (sounded VERY shady on the phone, too) and all copies are gone. Nice.

SO. . . . . unless anyone has a better idea, looks like no football this weekend.

Yeah I play NCAA football for hours a day year around. I want it really, really bad i've been counting down the days since i put in my preorder two months ago. I called Compusa this morning and they acted like they had never sold any copies the guy told me that the game comes out July 12th. I knew they were sold out of PS2 versions but I was hoping they would still have a X Box version left. If anyone gets someone who says they have a xbox version somewhere let me know.

Well, after going by the store, it sounds like they got in a load of trouble for selling them too early. They say that they are "out" of them now, but my gut says that they got their games taken away. The salesman said that even if they had them, he would lose his job for selling one.

Bottom line: Tuesday, my friend.

VN Store

Back