Archive pictures

tennvols00

My first UT game was 9/21/91

UT vs Mississippi State in Knoxville. I’m wondering if there is any chance to find pictures from that particular game?

Also interested in anywhere online one might find old Neyland pictures through the years.

33 years and many more attended games later — my family of 4 is looking forward to returning and kicking off the season!

Last edited:

UT vs Mississippi State in Knoxville. I’m wondering if there is any chance to find pictures from that particular game?

Also interested in anywhere online one might find old Neyland pictures through the years.

33 years later — my family of 4 is looking forward to returning and kicking off the season!
I refuse to accept that 1991 was 33 years ago
41DB8623-64AE-4DA4-B282-4868877F5788.gif

I refuse to accept that 1991 was 33 years ago
View attachment 670128
LOL. I still can't believe I was born in 1953 and it was 71 years ago. When I try to sleep at night and the pinched nerves in my lower back keep me awake, I believe. Enjoy each Big Orange season cause you never know which one will be your last. Can I get an amen!

LOL. I still can't believe I was born in 1953 and it was 71 years ago. When I try to sleep at night and the pinched nerves in my lower back keep me awake, I believe. Enjoy each Big Orange season cause you never know which one will be your last. Can I get an amen!
Amen
As Long as that last season, whenever it comes, ends with a National Championship. Then I can enter the pearly gates, ask for Directions to Coach Major’s mansion, and share a drink with Johnny to celebrate the good news (after waiting for the General to join us of course) 😉

33 years later — my family of 4 is looking forward to returning and kicking off the season!

My question is why in the hell was 1991 the last game you attended?

Well I was born in 1941. Four years ago I thought I wouldn't live long enough to see the Vols in the great shape we're in now. So yes, enjoy these times and never give up.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
That was the first game I took my now wife of 30 years to. When I picked her up to head up to the game she was wearing a burgundy / wine colored shirt on and I asked her what was up with that. She told me it was her favorite, and I had to explain to her we were playing the maroon Bulldogs :). She didn’t understand why that was a big deal, but long story short, she got a new orange shirt for the game.

Well I was born in 1941. Four years ago I thought I wouldn't live long enough to see the Vols in the great shape we're in now. So yes, enjoy these times and never give up.
👍. Way to go. May God bless you (all of us) with many more Big Orange football seasons.

1951 and I ain't as good as I once was and no longer as good once as I ever was too. Thanks, Toby

Is a video good?

I was at this game. The UCLA game before this was incredibly hot. I know Neyland ran out of ice, of course back then vendors would bring Cokes and hot dogs to you. I had forgotten about Smoky getting heat exhaustion. Anytime people talk about global warming long enough I also bring up the UCLA game at Neyland in 91.
Go Vols.

VN Store

Back