Are Maggitt and Smith going to play?

BOP

Im sure its been talked about just like everything else but are these two playing?

I am psyched about these three exspecially Maggitt and Vereen. If they are not ready do not risk them against Pac 10 team, hold them for the SEC opener.

Reactions: 1 person
Smith is. Maggitt and Vereen are wait and see.

Yes, and it may be the reason Maggitt has been held out until now. Giving him an extra 2 weeks in hopes he will be ready to go for this game. I think Vereen is more like a 25% chance of playing. All three can help with pressuring the QB. I wish they were all 100% for this game.

If there is even a small doubt. Hold them out of the game. Wait for Florida. Smith and vereen were our best pass rushers in camp right? And maggit one of our best lbs. maybe when they all come back, our dline will be a force.

If there is even a small doubt. Hold them out of the game. Wait for Florida. Smith and vereen were our best pass rushers in camp right? And maggit one of our best lbs. maybe when they all come back, our dline will be a force.

Medical staff has to clear them to play. until they do, CBJ has no choice

Butch has been sandbagging! Now he can unleash the full power of the Tennessee Defense on the Ducks!

We need someone to hold the edge against Oregon. That has been a big problem with Jacques' lack of discipline. We may be better off without him playing a lot of snaps.

It is sounding iffier with respect to Maggitt. Fast-forward to roughly the 2:30 mark of the "Vol Report: The Little Things" (#VolReport: The Little Things - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics). Butch specifically said that Curt Maggitt is getting better each day but, "if we were playing tomorrow, he would not play." He reiterated, however, that Jacques Smith will play against Oregon.

Bottom line, Maggitt will not be back even if he has a hang nail. Risked a lot playing hurt last year, which led to a more serious injury. 100% or nothing. Love it or leave it.

VN Store

Back