Are there going to be any Raleigh, NC Vols-AP viewing parties?

vtvol98

my $.02 as well...
I was curious if any of you were going to see it at a Carolina Ale House or some other local watering hole in Wake county.

I'm going to be in Raleigh for the weekend. Do you know of any bars that will definitely be showing the game?

I just found out that the UT Alumni Assoc. will be having a viewing party @ The Upper Deck Sports Bar on 329 Harrison Ave in Cary, NC.

I just found out that the UT Alumni Assoc. will be having a viewing party @ The Upper Deck Sports Bar on 329 Harrison Ave in Cary, NC.

This is correct.

Anywhere closer to downtown Raleigh?

I have never heard of a viewing party in downtown Raleigh for Vol Fans. Glenwood South would be the only logical place I can think of and they are usually packed with UNC fans from my experience.

This is correct.

I have never heard of a viewing party in downtown Raleigh for Vol Fans. Glenwood South would be the only logical place I can think of and they are usually packed with UNC fans from my experience.

How about at any of the Carolina Ale Houses? I'd prefer a closer drive from Rocky Mount than Cary.

How about at any of the Carolina Ale Houses? I'd prefer a closer drive from Rocky Mount than Cary.

I doubt it. From what I've seen in the past, there is one viewing party in the triangle area. I'm guessing this year they went with Cary since it is somewhat close to Durham. I tend to stay in the North Raleigh area since it is closer to my house as I don't like to drive that far as well. I would call up the Carolina Ale House day of and ask them if they are broadcasting it. Can be really hit miss since it is on ESPN3.

I doubt it. From what I've seen in the past, there is one viewing party in the triangle area. I'm guessing this year they went with Cary since it is somewhat close to Durham. I tend to stay in the North Raleigh area since it is closer to my house as I don't like to drive that far as well. I would call up the Carolina Ale House day of and ask them if they are broadcasting it. Can be really hit miss since it is on ESPN3.

I see where CAH carries the ESPN Game Plan and this game is being televised on the Game Plan. I just don't want to show up and not being able to have a TV to watch the game because the place will only carry the flavor of the day VT vs. Bama.

I see where CAH carries the ESPN Game Plan and this game is being televised on the Game Plan. I just don't want to show up and not being able to have a TV to watch the game because the place will only carry the flavor of the day VT vs. Bama.

There are enough TV's at any CAH to be able to have them turn it on one. You won't have that much competition, UNC plays tomorrow night and NCSU plays at 12:30. VT-Bama wont be that much of a draw that they shouldn't be able to turn it on for you.

My go to is HighPark on Whitaker Mill. Used to be called the Profile Upper Deck. Its a little run down feeling, and can be overrun with ECU, UNC, and NCSU when they are playing, but I've never had an issue watching UT. If I don't see it, I just ask and they hook me up.

Couple of years ago I went to watch several games at Backyard Bistro across the street from PNC Arena. Excellent food and good atmosphere, especially when NCSU has a game.

Couple of years ago I went to watch several games at Backyard Bistro across the street from PNC Arena. Excellent food and good atmosphere, especially when NCSU has a game.

Backyard Bistro rocks for Canes pre-game warm-up.

I know I've said it on here before, the Upper Deck sucks. Not a good bar. If you're coming from Rocky Mount, there is a BW3's in Knightdale.

VN Store

Back