Area's of Need

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
I really like it that Phil has gotten the ball rolling early again for the next recruiting class, but what do you see as our greatest areas of need in this next class. Of course after this next season it may not be Phil recruiting them.

We need Mammoth Offensive & Defensive Lineman . We also can use more help in the secondary, upgrade those 2 positions and we are in The National Championship race

We need Mammoth Offensive & Defensive Lineman . We also can use more help in the secondary, upgrade those 2 positions and we are in The National Championship race

OL and DL for sure. I thought the secondary was addressed in this years class. It will be time for RBs and LBs next year as well.

We lose Heffney after this season and Mckenzie after next season. It seems that we have gotten away from traditonal Tennessee running backs and this is no knock against Arian. However rbs like Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry,Chuck Webb, are missing. I am hoping Lennon Creer will resemble some of the great ones. Coker has all the right ingredients. I believe Foster has found his mojo and we will have a dynamic 1-2 punch. Hardesty should be used as a full back.

I thought there is a 6'8 Mexican DL in-state this year, what 's his name?

I thought there is a 6'8 Mexican DL in-state this year, what 's his name?

Robbie Gonzalez. 6'9 300lb. Manchester, TN.

He was highly regarded as a freshman, and most scouts thought he'd develop into one of the top O-linemen in the country...I haven't heard much about him recently, and I don't know how heavily he's being recruited. UT has always been in the picture though.

Robbie Gonzalez. 6'9 300lb. Manchester, TN.

He was highly regarded as a freshman, and most scouts thought he'd develop into one of the top O-linemen in the country...I haven't heard much about him recently, and I don't know how heavily he's being recruited. UT has always been in the picture though.

Everything is relative, even if he does weigh 300 lbs how "big" is he at 6'9"?

Gonzales is too soft. We are in on a ton of big time OL and DL(quite a few instate). This is good because those are our two biggest needs. Next biggest need is safety.

and I agree, OL and DL are most definitely the largest areas of needs for the class.

both lines need massive improvement. when we were consistent winners we produced great O & D lines

VN Store

Back