Article about Ainge.

It's just keepin' the rest of us Oregon folks informed on him, I guess.
Ainge who passed from more than 5,500 yards and 39 touchdowns during his junior and senior years at Glencoe under Craig Ruecker

If only we had the defense to match :(

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 30, 2005 9:39 PM
What pos. do you play milo?
[snapback]119845[/snapback]​

I've played most line positions through the time I've been playing football. My favorites have been defensive end and spy linebacker, though. I'm done playing though. I don't have 5-6 hours a day for 6 months a year to practice, and I've lost too much weight to compete effectively anymore.

Heh, I would probably have to average three sacks per game to get any recruiting attention where I live.

And he played like a madman... If he was playing in SoCal, Texas or Florida, he would have been a five star QB without question.

We actually have pretty darned tough football here as well. ;)

The conference my school is in usually puts out two or three state title contenders every year.

We averaged like 45 points a game and 500 yards of offense per season and still barely made 4th place of ten teams in the conference to make the playoffs... Then we got killed first round.

Yeah, Im sure. Oklahoma football is tough as balls too. Very big aswell. However no states compare to Florida, Texas, and Cali in terms of competition and talent.

True... However, the way recruiting works these days, football in most of the rest of the country tends to be very underrated, so only the stellar players get noticed. In SoCal, Texas and Florida, if you just play decent you can still get rated at three stars by most services.

I think recruiting agents focus too much on location rather than actual skill.

Yep, very true. Also, since a lot of the top players come from FL, TX, and CA, theyre always a lot of scouts at the game, allowing a lot of other players to get noticed as well.

What I'm just wondering is how Ainge got noticed... It seems he was being recruited by the Vols since the beginning of his senior season, but his junior season was good but not great. Which is kind of weird because those types of players usually end up playing in Big Sky or WAC. How'd he get noticed that early in a place as dry of recruiting as Oregon?

Umm...He probably had some kind of connections. Maybe even his dad. That or he really impressed at a camp of some kind. If you have colleges like oregon and osu and what not, with a famous name, and an impressive camp visit, somebodies gonna find ya.

His daddy needs to go kick rocks.........All but admits he didnt want his baby to play rough sports like NCAA Football......Let his connection be as it was, Shut his mouth, and Go Vols! or go play B-ball with the rest of the ladies....Mr.Ainge :angry:

Originally posted by IBleedOrange24/7@Jul 31, 2005 2:49 AM
His daddy needs to go kick rocks.........All but admits he didnt want his baby to play rough sports like NCAA Football......Let his connection be as it was, Shut his mouth, and Go Vols! or go play B-ball with the rest of the ladies....Mr.Ainge :angry:
[snapback]120014[/snapback]​

I played football and I walked away with life-time pains from injuries. I wasn't all that wild about my kids playing either.

Everyone has to make up their own minds about the direction they take.

No parent should be criticized for wanting to protect their children.

After all, every year a few people are either paralyzed for life or killed playing football, so as a parent, you never completely get that out of your mind while they're playing.

If I was a football mom ( thankfully I only have one daughter) I would be at EVERY game in case my son got hurt and needed me. I wouldn't be able to enjoy the game for making sure my kid was alright.

Milo, I am sure hisconnections were with his uncle Danny Ainge. Can you really pass on scouting someoe that hsas sports run through there family? I highly doubt it.

Im just very displeased with whom ever decided to get the interview just before halftime of the ND game. If i remember correctly(?) Any extent of his injury was really unknown at that time.

There had been a write up, back i guess along the fall practice, about Eric, his father and yes Danny Ainge.

I may have spoke out of context, of Mr.Ainge? He wanted Eric to go on and play basketball like his uncle. Far less chance of broken bones.
Im glad they didnt interview Croyle's father a few years back against UT. That i can imagine was hard to sit and watch.

I was taught by my father, If your going to play i'll support that. When you get hurt, Be tough and stick with your decision.

Well he is. I've met Doug a few times, as he lives about three blocks from me. His parents have shown nothing but support.

Ainge was also a two or three star basketball player depending on which service you look at. And that's without even playing a senior season. He also threw a 90+ fastball and had a few other pitches up his sleeve, so he could also just as easily be playing baseball.

With all that talent and the sports history in your bloodline, and the fact that Ainge could have been a star athlete in any sport he wanted, it must have been a difficult choice to make altogether. Couple that with all the on-the-record time Doug had been getting, I'm sure you're bound to hear anything.

VN Store

Back