ARTICLE: The smart tax we can’t have

VolFaninFla

The smart tax we can’t have
The Tax Foundation thinks repealing the gas tax and imposing a direct VMT tax of 1.7 cents per mile, slightly higher than the tax burden in 1994, would’ve fully cover the cost of federal highway spending, with no need for any borrowing. Adjusting the tax for inflation every year would keep the financing balanced with spending.

The Tax Foundation thinks repealing the gas tax and imposing a direct VMT tax of 1.7 cents per mile, slightly higher than the tax burden in 1994, would’ve fully cover the cost of federal highway spending, with no need for any borrowing. Adjusting the tax for inflation every year would keep the financing balanced with spending.

BwahahahahabwahahahahahaBwahahahahabwahahahahaha

BwahahahahabwahahahahahaBwahahahahabwahahahahaha
I put this out there to see what thoughts people had about it.
What do you think won’t work and do you have an opinion on options, if you think they are needed?

I put this out there to see what thoughts people had about it.
What do you think won’t work and do you have an opinion on options, if you think they are needed?
IF this tax got passed, and IF it was somehow enforced. And IF it actually made as much money as they think. You would then be relying on the government actually spending the funding where it belongs. Which isnt even an IF; they wont, havent, and almost literally cant do that.

IF this tax got passed, and IF it was somehow enforced. And IF it actually made as much money as they think. You would then be relying on the government actually spending the funding where it belongs. Which isnt even an IF; they wont, havent, and almost literally cant do that.

Beat you to it with less words. 😁

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
alfred2.jpg

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
So some government official actually thought ahead and realized if they were going to force phase gasoline out of existence they would loose a significant source of revenue.
I’m going to start working on a hack for electric cars that allow the odometer to be put in forward and reverse modes on alternating weeks, I’ll be a billionaire

Any new tax is always abused.

And get sold to the gullible public with low, initial rates. Wasn’t the first income tax well below 5%?
If I remember correctly I think it was 3% and they considered putting a cap of 6% in the amendment but declined because they thought it would be preposterous for the income tax to be raised to that level.

VN Store

Back