As a coach which situation do you put a young QB in?

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
We have the option of startin a true freshman this year behind one of the best O-lines in the country. This is a recipe for some solid game time and minimization of sacks and other hits to your young QB. Or do you wait and redshirt to let them start next season behind a completely decimated O-line knowing sacks will likely be more common and pressure will be on the QB all season?

Wtf is wrong with you people? Peterman or Worley will be our qb. Most likely both of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Whoever gives us the best chance to win right now is who I would put in there, regardless of freshman or not. It's only gonna make them more battle proven for the rest of their career on Rocky Top

I refuse to share my intimate knowledge of the game until they offer me a contract that I find acceptable. Free advice is worth every cent you pay for it.

We have the option of startin a true freshman this year behind one of the best O-lines in the country. This is a recipe for some solid game time and minimization of sacks and other hits to your young QB. Or do you wait and redshirt to let them start next season behind a completely decimated O-line knowing sacks will likely be more common and pressure will be on the QB all season?

Your argument is ‘when do you start the true freshman QB?’ But to start a true freshman you’d have to pass over a redshirt freshman and a senior QB. If those two QBs are so bad that you have to start a true freshman, then it really doesn’t matter when you start the freshman.

The other part of that your argument tends to avoid is whether to use this year’s crop of completely deer-in-the-headlights receivers (c.f. Orange & White Game 2013) or next year’s seasoned receiver corp with its #1 ranked class. And, quite frankly, I’d love for my QB to be at least able to know where stuff is on campus before I’m forcing him to lead the team against Oregon and Florida.

Yeah, bc he started a true freshmen?

For the 1000th time manziel is a redshirt freshmen.

Not trying to make you look like a complete moron or anything, but where exactly did I say that he was a true freshman? As a matter of fact, where exactly did the OP ask anything about starting a true freshman? The question refers to starting a YOUNG QB. I don't know about you, but a redshirt freshman QB with zero playing experience qualifies as a YOUNG QB to me.

But hey, thanks for reminding me for the 1000th time exactly how much smarter I am than the average bear (you). Next time you try to make somebody look stupid on a message board, don't make yourself look like a moron in the process.

:hi::crazy::good!::salute:

I have been around many college football coaches since the late 70s. They ALWAYS lean to playing the players that they believe will give them the best chance to win at the time. They don't play for the future by playing kids to get them experience.

Worley will start and play as long as healthy.. because staff believes, and August will not change things, he gives them the very best chance to win at this point.

Not trying to make you look like a complete moron or anything, but where exactly did I say that he was a true freshman? As a matter of fact, where exactly did the OP ask anything about starting a true freshman? The question refers to starting a YOUNG QB. I don't know about you, but a redshirt freshman QB with zero playing experience qualifies as a YOUNG QB to me.

But hey, thanks for reminding me for the 1000th time exactly how much smarter I am than the average bear (you). Next time you try to make somebody look stupid on a message board, don't make yourself look like a moron in the process.

:hi::crazy::good!::salute:

Lol ok ok....you got called out, then got mad,wrote a 2 page report, and called me a moron......

The OP first words are, "we have the option to start a true freshman as QB" your reply was, "ask Kevin Sumlin".

You jelly?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Why does the OP think we'd start Dobbs next year as a redshirt freshman?

He does understand that Worley is a Jr and Peterman is a Soph, right?

Of course we'll lose a lot of talented o-linemen next year to the draft, but I wouldn't say the group will be "decimated." There are some pretty good guys waiting in the wings. (Crowder, Kerbyson, Posey etc.)

Of course we'll lose a lot of talented o-linemen next year to the draft, but I wouldn't say the group will be "decimated." There are some pretty good guys waiting in the wings. (Crowder, Kerbyson, Posey etc.)

And I wouldn't say a redshirt Dobbs would be starting behind them too.

Why does the OP think we'd start Dobbs next year as a redshirt freshman?

He does understand that Worley is a Jr and Peterman is a Soph, right?

Worley will either be the starter or transfer, and he isn't winning the job yet. Peterman is a redshirt freshman right now.

Your argument is ‘when do you start the true freshman QB?’ But to start a true freshman you’d have to pass over a redshirt freshman and a senior QB. If those two QBs are so bad that you have to start a true freshman, then it really doesn’t matter when you start the freshman.

The other part of that your argument tends to avoid is whether to use this year’s crop of completely deer-in-the-headlights receivers (c.f. Orange & White Game 2013) or next year’s seasoned receiver corp with its #1 ranked class. And, quite frankly, I’d love for my QB to be at least able to know where stuff is on campus before I’m forcing him to lead the team against Oregon and Florida.
We don't have a senior quarterback.

VN Store

Back