Assistant Coaches

Which UT assistant has the best chance to be a great Head Coach.

• Total voters

utvols82

I think Trooper Taylor will go on the be an awesome HC somewere. Hopefully it will be at UT when Fulmer retires.

I would say John Chavis would make a good head coach, but only if he had a good offensive coordinator.

Chavis would make a great coach.....if something ever happened that Phil had to step down I would hope we could put Chavis up there.....Troop will make a good one too but I'd give him 5 or 10 years before I'd consider him......Randy couldn't coach a monkey to throw crap

I have to say Randy cause of his personality, offense mind, and his will to want to win

Attachments

• 1215.jpg
    1215.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 0
I'd say Trooper Taylor....I like him now...He's intense and loves the chest bump....Great coach...I love what he done with Riggs and Houston this year...Just imagine what he will do next year with the talent we got!

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 12, 2005 1:54 PM
I'll vote Randy Sanders because I have no idea who would do best.

comeon milo. i know u have only liked the vols for a year but u know better than that.

its gotta be chavis-aka. the chief. great motivator. trooper will be the oc

I vote RS, ONLY so I can rid my University of the anvil it carries due to his presence. Trouble is, no school above the level of Tusculum would trust him to manage their program. I cannot figure a way to rid us of his presence. :dunno: :beer:

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Feb 13, 2005 7:44 PM
comeon milo. i know u have only liked the vols for a year but u know better than that.

its gotta be chavis-aka. the chief. great motivator. trooper will be the oc

Well, I'm not sure about Chavis either with the way the defense turned out this year... They showed they can do well, but then turned out completely inconsistent by the season's end. I don't know where else to put that but on the coaching.

Unless Trooper starts to get better through the years, I can't really see any of our assistant coaches as HC's. I'd imagine there would almost certainly be a new guy to come in and coach. Probably a mid-major guy, like Boise State's coach or something.

What makes Trooper HC or OC material. I see alot of people on here wishing he were OC. He chest bumps, and jumps up and down on the side line and gets people happy. Great addition to the staff. We needed a spark in our coaching ranks. But, those actions don't indicate a brilliant OC mind hidden in there. Just curious.

Originally posted by GVF@Feb 14, 2005 8:45 AM
What makes Trooper HC or OC material?

I don't know either . . . My theory is that people just like to say his name.

Originally posted by milohimself+Feb 13, 2005 11:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Feb 13, 2005 11:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-checkerboard_charly@Feb 13, 2005 7:44 PM

its gotta be chavis-aka. the chief. great motivator.  trooper will be the oc

Well, I&#39;m not sure about Chavis either with the way the defense turned out this year... They showed they can do well, but then turned out completely inconsistent by the season&#39;s end. I don&#39;t know where else to put that but on the coaching.

Unless Trooper starts to get better through the years, I can&#39;t really see any of our assistant coaches as HC&#39;s. I&#39;d imagine there would almost certainly be a new guy to come in and coach. Probably a mid-major guy, like Boise State&#39;s coach or something. [/quote]
the whole damn d was freshmen.

well most of it.

and a bunch of first year starters.

Well, that d almost cost us games against Vander-freakin&#39;-bilt, Ken-freakin&#39;-tucky and South freakin&#39; Carolina in 2004.

And they proved themselves capable, too, against Georgia and Notre Dame.

well fulmer is gonna be the coach at least another 10 years so who cares.

hate to say it but id take spurrier.

at least he would utilize our athletes.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Feb 14, 2005 8:09 PM
ummm ..........

he is from knoxville milo.

Isn&#39;t he from Johnson City?

Originally posted by vol_freak+Feb 14, 2005 8:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Feb 14, 2005 8:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-checkerboard_charly@Feb 14, 2005 8:09 PM
ummm ..........

he is from knoxville milo.

Isn&#39;t he from Johnson City? [/quote]
same thing. right?

hey its east tennessee..its all the same.

Could anybody see Jon Gruden coming back to TN someday as a head coach. He was an assistant here and wasn&#39;t his wife from knoxville and a former UT cheerleader?

well if randy gets it then chavis will leave and go somewhere else more then likely and vice versa... i dont either one of them would be able to handle gettin picked under the other one and as for trooper he has had a great first year... but however he&#39;s far from head coach material at UT

I would never ever have spurrier here....first off we all hate him.....2nd off he&#39;s a cocky jerk....3rd he&#39;s 62 guys...phils not gonna retire tillt his guy is nearing 80....jon gruden would be interesting but lets focus on the present......and yeah spurrier is from johnson city......theres a really good barbeque place in johnson city called "Dixie Barbeque" and I went there yesterday and was talking to the manager while we we&#39;re eating and he said he went to Happy Valley High School (local rival of spurriers H.S. Science Hill) and he said Spurrier was a cocky jerk in high school too and i started laughing.....every year until spurrier left Florida they would get a radio station at dixie barbeque and we would eat gator tail on florida-tennessee game day and watch the game......man i miss those days

VN Store

Back