Athlon SEC logo rankings

In no way should UGAs logo be number 1. Why? Because it isn't theirs (its green bays) nor is it unique in college (Grambling?).

EDIT: I went back and tried to look up this history of Georgia's G, to confirm my memory of the story. Wiki, if it can be believed, says it is the inverse. That UGA licensed the G logo to Green Bay. Either way, the point still stands that if three teams (1 pro and 2 college) use an almost identical logo that is simply different colors, it is not unique and shouldn't be considered as the "best" of anything.

EDIT 2: As to be expected, when you look up the Packers on wiki, it says that Georgia is licensed to use THEIR logo. I will stick to that as the only reference that Green Bay's logo actually came from Georgia is wiki that is a link to a blog that makes that claim.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
In no way should UGAs logo be number 1. Why? Because it isn't theirs (its green bays) nor is it unique in college (Grambling?).

Good points. I think aTm should be higher. Cool logo.

I like Ole Missy's too.

The site will not work on my phone for some reason, can someone put up the list please..Tia

1- UGA
2- UT
3- Auburn
4- A&M
5- Vandy
6 - Bama
7 - LSU
8 - UF
9- Arkansas
10- UK
11- MSU
12- Ole Miss
13- Mizzou
14- SC

Was gonna add actual logos too but they're kinda big.

Reactions: 1 person
I like Bama's current logo, but I wish we'd go back to this one:

7285.gif

Elephants have nothing to do with the state of alabubbba and that circle logo is the best the bamers can come up with. :hmm:

Definitely disagree about Ole Miss. That's a classic logo!

Vandy's logo is terrible. Don't understand how that's #5. It screams out 'not much thought was put into this!'

Georgia has a good logo, but I agree --- it's not as unique as the author makes it. The Green Bay Packers logo is basically the same (different color scheme). Same deal with Grambling State.

Agree on Auburn, UT, and Texas A&M being classic.

For a school with a tradition as rich as Alabama, it does have a pretty lame set of logos. I can't think of any other top 10 program historically with such an unappealing logo. Their helmets with the numbers are actually the most recognizable 'trademark.

CycPrev Next 2. Tennessee "God forbid I diss the "Power T" — so I won't. As a logo said:
The site will not work on my phone for some reason, can someone put up the list please..Tia

Also said was

For a school with a tradition as rich as Alabama, it does have a pretty lame set of logos. I can't think of any other top 10 program historically with such an unappealing logo. Their helmets with the numbers are actually the most recognizable 'trademark.

I think we have an issue with logos because we've never had anything on our helmets. I think branding hasn't been a priority.

I think we have an issue with logos because we've never had anything on our helmets. I think branding hasn't been a priority.

I wouldn't say Alabama doesn't have good branding. Just that it's not the logo.

You could put an "A" in a completely boring font like Calibri or Times New-Roman, and put it on a crimson background and anyone who watches college football would know it represents Alabama. It's the crimson color that's Alabama's most effective branding.

Tennessee and Alabama are probably the only two school brands in college football that could be recognized from a single color.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back