Attendance for S. AL

Voldemonium

Even though I completely anticipated us getting blown out by the Ducks, I'm surprised at just how many people on VN thought we had a legit shot to keep it close, not to mention win. With that said what's everyone's prediction for next weekend's attendance? I'm going with 70K fannies in the seats.

Ironically I think it might be a good thing if some fans actually stayed away from the program for a while. Heaven forbid Whorley stinks it up and those with unrealistic expectations start booing the team or CBJ. There's a reason Dooley didn't bench Bray for Whorley. Now it's obvious to us all. UGA in 2wks could be nasty if we have recruits in attendance. I'd like cooler heads to prevail but I fear they won't.

My hope is that yesterday injected a shot of reality in the fans thinking 8 or 9 W's this year was obtainable. The ceiling for this team was always 6 W's. From this point on it would be best to view the product on the field in those terms. I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't be upset with poor execution but I think expectations should be tempered by our lack of SEC talent, depth, and a persistent losing mentality. This season is gonna be one of those times where "if you don't have anything good to say..." Learn to accept the fact that by Vol standards 2013 is gonna suck and try not to destroy the amazing '14 recruiting class that CBJ has put together by publicly acting stupid.
:twocents:

Reactions: 4 people
Well, I expected us to lose, yesterday. I also expected the team to play, hard. I would be "ok" with losing by 21-28, but 45 is just disheartening. Hopefully, CBJ opens up the play book at Florida, otherwise this will be a long dang season.

Even though I completely anticipated us getting blown out by the Ducks, I'm surprised at just how many people on VN thought we had a legit shot to keep it close, not to mention win. With that said what's everyone's prediction for next weekend's attendance? I'm going with 70K fannies in the seats.

Ironically I think it might be a good thing if some fans actually stayed away from the program for a while. Heaven forbid Whorley stinks it up and those with unrealistic expectations start booing the team or CBJ. There's a reason Dooley didn't bench Bray for Whorley. Now it's obvious to us all. UGA in 2wks could be nasty if we have recruits in attendance. I'd like cooler heads to prevail but I fear they won't.

My hope is that yesterday injected a shot of reality in the fans thinking 8 or 9 W's this year was obtainable. The ceiling for this team was always 6 W's. From this point on it would be best to view the product on the field in those terms. I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't be upset with poor execution but I think expectations should be tempered by our lack of SEC talent, depth, and a persistent losing mentality. This season is gonna be one of those times where "if you don't have anything good to say..." Learn to accept the fact that by Vol standards 2013 is gonna suck and try not to destroy the amazing '14 recruiting class that CBJ has put together by publicly acting stupid.
:twocents:

dumb game is at fla. :yuck:

Well I suppose it's time for the "just wait till next year" thread. Lol another long year ahead but you can watch our QB VS others and see Worley is no where close

Well, I expected us to lose, yesterday. I also expected the team to play, hard. I would be "ok" with losing by 21-28, but 45 is just disheartening. Hopefully, CBJ opens up the play book at Florida, otherwise this will be a long dang season.

The book is open this is all they got I'm afraid

Reactions: 2 people
As a South Alabama grad and a life long Vol fan, I'll be making the trip to Neyland.

Hey, South Alabama also beat Western Kentucky...just saying. :yes:

If we beat UF it will be over 90k, but if we lose it will be under; if we get beaten badly at UF it may be just under 80k.

VN Store

Back