Attention all Fulmer, Sanders and Ced Doubters

BHAMVOLFAN

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH!!!!!!

:shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit:

I still doubt, that was not the SEC they played last night, Nor the ACC. They have a lot to prove yet but the RB's made a step, but Houston showed Fulmers reason for starting him was garbage since he almost got Schaeffer decapitated on the first series.

Yep 8+ ypc, showed absolutely no ability as a rb. No vision, no quickness, no speed and the lack of ability to break a long run. Yep, the only blocking assignment missed all night long...right!

97 yards and out part of the game with an injury. So where was Riggs in regard to ypc? pretty good but not the winner.

One missed blocking assignment makes CPFs start call garbage? Who are you...John Majors???

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Sep 6, 2004 2:12 PM
Houston showed Fulmers reason for starting him was garbage

TNVOLS1 - I think you bring some good info to this board and have some great takes, but it is painfully obvious that CPF and Sanders could find a cure for Cancer and you'd say it was a fluke.

Im with TNVOLS on this one, though im not a CPF or Ced hater, Sanders still has much to prove IMHO. I like that he gave the young quarterbacks opportunities to check off so much (I think Ainge really took advantage of that late in the game, it seems he checked off a coupla times to passes, which proves to me he wants to win the #1 job and he cannot if hes handing the ball off!), but he is still predictable in certain down and distance situations. I have a feeling he is going to overuse the QB draw and his other fave plays (slip screen, etc.) which Florida has seen us use off and on for the past umpteen years and usually stopped cold. All in all though, a good effort, but Im not sold on Sanders either and no one else should be either until hes proven himself consistently.

BHAMVOLFAN who are you Bill Battle? You obviously didn't read what I said. As for Donutboys reason for starting Houston, his words were he was a better pass blocker. How many sacs did the other RB's give up HUH? How many RB's caused the QB to get hit from the blind side when every RB KNOWS you block inside out on pass protection HUH? As for Houstons 8 yards per carriy WHAT"S NEW ABOUT THAT! He does that every year till he has to play against an SEC team and the his numbers drop and if you don't care to believe me then figure it out for yourself the numbers don't lie, Riggs and Larkins was just as good as Houston was.

No I can't stand Sanders and I think he needs to be run out of Tennessee on a rail. As for Fulmer I like him but think 1 season gave him the big head, plus when the man said he was at Tennessee to win Championships and take UT to the next level (his words) then prove it and he hasn't yet.

It's always fun when people start calling others names of ex-UT coaches.....in a BAD way. :lolup:

Originally posted by vol_freak@Sep 6, 2004 4:29 PM
It's always fun when people start calling others names of ex-UT coaches.....in a BAD way.  :lolup:

What in the name of Bowden Wyatt are you talking about? :haha_oh:

Originally posted by GAVol+Sep 6, 2004 5:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Sep 6, 2004 5:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak@Sep 6, 2004 4:29 PM
It&#39;s always fun when people start calling others names of ex-UT coaches.....in a BAD way.  :lolup:

What in the name of Bowden Wyatt are you talking about? :haha_oh: [/quote]
Today I have seen someone called Johnny Majors, Bill Battle, and now Bowden Wyatt. :D

It&#39;s still early guys. We started off pretty good last year and then it kind of went downhill from there. Let&#39;s hope it continues to improve.

The jury is still out on the coaching staff too... lets same judgement until we see what they bring against Fl and Auburn... one thing that did impress me was the enthusiasm of our new running backs coach... I just wish Fulmer would consult him more on who the RB should be (Riggs gets my vote)

Originally posted by mqtvolsfan@Sep 6, 2004 10:38 PM
houston gets mine.

Well we know it probably won&#39;t be Houston for the Florida game.

Originally posted by mqtvolsfan@Sep 6, 2004 10:47 PM
obviously. I like what I see in him, though.

I agree but I still remember that he ran for 160 yards in the first two games last year but didn&#39;t get over 100 after that. It may have been his fault and it may have been the line. Jabari had to come in and rush for 78 yards and 2TD&#39;s while Houston was held to 25 yards on 12 carries in the third game against the Gators last year.

Cedric has a tendancy to get hurt and then fall behind. I believe that Riggs is the man for this team, but I like RB by committee.

Well we know it probably won&#39;t be Houston for the Florida game.

The N-Tenessean reports today that Ced will be ready to play the gators.

:clap: :good: :worship: :thumbsup:

We have a 3 headed Running back monster and i&#39;m excited about that but what is up with the CPF and Houston bashing? Cedric is a great explosive running back and CPF has done nothing but good to this program including respect and a championship.

Using 3 running backs will keep all of them fresh so that we can pound them in the 4th quarter. Riggs is a good young back and his time will come. With Houston&#39;s injury is his time now?

Cedric is a great explosive running back and CPF has done nothing but good to this program including respect and a championship.

OrangeCrush....you da mayun&#33;&#33;&#33;

:good: :clap: :thumbsup: :worship:

and :welcome: I need some backup&#33;&#33;&#33;

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Sep 6, 2004 2:16 PM
when the man [Fulmer] said he was at Tennessee to win Championships and take UT to the next level (his words) then prove it and he hasn&#39;t yet.

I believe the next level was the 1998 National Championship?

Originally posted by vol_freak+Sep 6, 2004 9:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak &#064; Sep 6, 2004 9:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mqtvolsfan@Sep 6, 2004 10:47 PM
obviously. I like what I see in him, though.

I agree but I still remember that he ran for 160 yards in the first two games last year but didn&#39;t get over 100 after that. It may have been his fault and it may have been the line. Jabari had to come in and rush for 78 yards and 2TD&#39;s while Houston was held to 25 yards on 12 carries in the third game against the Gators last year. [/quote]
The past two seasons, Houston has had the tendency of getting injured in the first couple of ballgames. After that, he usually runs tentatively. Call it slow or bad vision or whatever, but he was definately playing at a level below 100%. IMHO, I don&#39;t think Houston is as bad as some of the people here at VN have made him out to be. I think he&#39;s just snakebitten with injuries. But that&#39;s just part of the game. That is why Riggs will probably end up being the Vols leading rushing by the end of the season.

Regarding Riggs. Hopefully, he puts it together now. But remember, he also has a track record with injuries.

C.Houston 12 att for 97 yds (8.1 avg)
G.Riggs 13 att for 79 yds (6.1) 1 td
C.Larkins 9 att for 49 yds (5.4) 1 td
J.Davis 3 att for 16 yds (5.3)

VN Store

Back