Austin Peay Game - Aug 31st

AdamT

Does anyone have a good guess as to what time this game will be played? I figured it would be an afternoon game, but wasn't sure if there was a historical way to tell when this game could go on.

I've got to be somewhere by 9pm.

Any help?

2012 Friday Night at 7:30
2011 Montana 6:00 pm
2010 TN Martin 6:00 pm
2009 Western Kentucky 12:21 pm
2008 UCLA 8 pm
2007 California 8 pm
2006 California 5:30 pm
2005 Alabama Birmingham 12:30
2004 UNLV 8 pm

Past three years we have had the night game. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were early this year.

It hasn't been announced. If this turns out to be the PPV game, if the last few years are any indication, this will likely be a night game.

Reactions: 1 person
Does anyone have a good guess as to what time this game will be played? I figured it would be an afternoon game, but wasn't sure if there was a historical way to tell when this game could go on.

I've got to be somewhere by 9pm.

Any help?

Dude, strip clubs stay open well past nine. Don't sweat it.

Reactions: 9 people
2012 Friday Night at 7:30
2011 Montana 6:00 pm
2010 TN Martin 6:00 pm
2009 Western Kentucky 12:21 pm
2008 UCLA 8 pm
2007 California 8 pm
2006 California 5:30 pm
2005 Alabama Birmingham 12:30
2004 UNLV 8 pm

Past three years we have had the night game. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were early this year.

2004-2009 were not on PPV. 2010 and 2011 were. UT will not dictate a time if TV picks the game up.

Last years PPV game was Ga State and it was at 4PM, so there is the possibility.

Basically, we won't know till we know.

yeah, looks like it's all over the place.

no scrip clubs. my band is looking to play a show that night and with season tickets, it's hard to commit knowing the show would start at 9. I know it's just Austin Peay, but by that point i'll be tweeking for football so hard that i'll want to soak as much in as possible.

thanks for the insight, guys.

Well, it certainly won't be a mid-afternoon (2:30-3:00) start time, so it will either be a Jefferson-Pilot type broadcast and, thus, an early start time or a night game, which really should be mandatory for all games played in the South during September, given the heat and humidity.

Reactions: 1 person
It will mainly depend on what time other SEC TV games are on. They (TV & the SEC) will pick the time that conflicts with the fewest other TV games. UT will have little if any say.

If it has to be on the 31st, I hope it's at 12:01 am. I'm tired of waiting.

dude, seriously. I'm not a big baseball or basketball fan. I've always got something to watch on TV during football season.

Love summer, but so ready for Fall.

This will almost certainly be a ppv game, so UT will set at night because of the heat.

it could well be a PPV game,which i will hate,because it is the first game of the year,but it will be out of the way for the rest of the year,at a guess it will be a noonish game or a PPV night game,that sound about right ?

it could well be a PPV game,which i will hate,because it is the first game of the year,but it will be out of the way for the rest of the year,at a guess it will be a noonish game or a PPV night game,that sound about right ?

I just feel like South Alabama will be the PPV game. At least that would make the most sense. Why put the first game of the season on PPV? Plenty of people will watch the first game just because its the first game, very few will watch South Alabama.

I just feel like South Alabama will be the PPV game. At least that would make the most sense. Why put the first game of the season on PPV? Plenty of people will watch the first game just because its the first game, very few will watch South Alabama.

Because its against an FBS team, like UTM a few years ago and GA State last year, both PPV games. Pretty much all the FBS games are PPV for all the SEC teams.

VN Store

Back