Austin Peay starting QB

VOLlivin_inbama

I was talking with a girl (Vol fan) at work about the upcoming game with Austin Peay. Come to find out her cousin is Jacob Sexton, AP's first year starting QB. His brother, Jared, also plays at AP as a LB. She said they grew up huge UT fans and it was their dream come true to play in Neyland Stadium!! Too bad they'll be playing on wrong side of the line of scrimmage!

Reactions: 3 people
There are several local kids on AP I know Dustin McPhetridge from Powell and I believe a kid from Sevier County as well.

I played against both of them in high school, and we played on some of the same teams in little league and peewee ball. Good kids.

If it matters, with very few exceptions, that whole county is nothing but UT fans.

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty cool read. But gosh I can't wait to pound them into the ground. Hope he brought an extra jersey or three.

Mr Sexton and Mrs Sexton was my Sunday school teachers when I was younger. What a great family. From a small community like Scott County this is great opportunity of both of these young men. Just like when Sparky Woods, also from Scott County, coached against UT there is a small part of me that wants the opponent to succeed. Of course Sparky actually came away the victor, it was the only time I ever saw my dad not cheer for UT.

How fitting, a sacrificial lamb that loves the Vols. Maybe Butch won't take his soul after all

Some games you wanna rub it in...this shouldn't be one of them (51 point under's and fellow Tennesseans).
By all means be loud and supportive during the game, but lets show these young men and their families how classy Vols are.
Save the trash talk for when we accomplish higher goals against OOS opponents,excluding Vandy of course. Those folks just pi$$ me off with their shyte talking with 2 wins over the last quarter century.

Reactions: 2 people
I go to APSU and I'll be in neyland for the game but I hope we beat their ass by 70. I got too much stink for us losing to them in basketball. Wasn't a good day.

I was talking with a girl (Vol fan) at work about the upcoming game with Austin Peay. Come to find out her cousin is Jacob Sexton, AP's first year starting QB. His brother, Jared, also plays at AP as a LB. She said they grew up huge UT fans and it was their dream come true to play in Neyland Stadium!! Too bad they'll be playing on wrong side of the line of scrimmage!

Be sure and ask her where we need to send flowers.

I went to school with some really good football players, but none were good enough to play for UT. One to TTU, one to AP, one to UTMartin, and 1 to MTSU. I'm glad these schools still allow the dreams to survive. And every now and then a stud will emerge from these little schools...For example Jerry Rice and the OT Fisher from Central Mich.

glad they are getting there chance to play but god I hate having teams like AP on our schedule

Most of AP fans & players are probably UT fans as well. Does anyone know if Jake Ryan, former Knoxville West QB & son of former UT QB Pat Ryan is still playing for AP? I think Pat is doing the color for the pay per view telecast. That'd be awkward!

VN Store

Back