Away game tickets

dobre_shunka

A Verified Danny White Plant
Today (June 17th) is supposed to be the day away game ticket requests are fulfilled.

Anyone notice away game tickets in their account or charges to their credit card?

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Just got an email earlier today that my tickets were fulfilled for all 4 away games. Credit cards will be charged tomorrow. Seat assignments haven’t happened yet, so it may be awhile until you see them in your account.

Got an email this evening confirming my Oklahoma tickets.
Hopefully it will be a fun game. My son and I are going. He’s 21 now and wants to hang out in Norman Fri night. I don’t drink and in bed my 9pm lol.

It looks like I’ll be dishing out some coin for the flights and hotel.

Reactions: CPA
Hopefully it will be a fun game. My son and I are going. He’s 21 now and wants to hang out in Norman Fri night. I don’t drink and in bed my 9pm lol.

It looks like I’ll be dishing out some coin for the flights and hotel.
I got Aibnb in OKC for 175 a night. There are several out there that's not too bad. Bricktown is a really nice area to search. A lot of nice restaurants.

Reactions: vol94
I got Aibnb in OKC for 175 a night. There are several out there that's not too bad. Bricktown is a really nice area to search. A lot of nice restaurants.
How far is it for the stadium?

I rather not rent a car and take an Uber, though Uber can be difficult to find prior or after a game. Or, the rates are jacked up.

I plan on book four flight ls tomorrow, probably about $900 for a pair.

Today (June 17th) is supposed to be the day away game ticket requests are fulfilled.

Anyone notice away game tickets in their account or charges to their credit card?
Got my 4 for UGA. I was surprised I was allocated them although I've had my season tickets for about 7 years now. First time I've put in for any though.

I rather not rent a car and take an Uber, though Uber can be difficult to find prior or after a game. Or, the rates are jacked up.

It's about 20 miles from downtown OKC. I'm sure you could find something closer but cost will go up.

I was looking to see if there was a gameday shuttle from Oklahoma City to campus, with as close at they are I thought there would be something. Looks like there's weekday bus service on their Embark bus system but it doesn't run on weekends.

I did see Amtrak and Greyhound have daily service but good luck with either of those.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I was looking to see if there was a gameday shuttle from Oklahoma City to campus, with as close at they are I thought there would be something. Looks like there's weekday bus service on their Embark bus system but it doesn't run on weekends.

I did see Amtrak and Greyhound have daily service but good luck with either of those.
Uber or rental car . I’ve never seen Uber run on game days in Knoxville but hopefully avl around Norman on game days.

Well, looks like Shirley and I will not travel to Vols games this year, maybe not henceforth. I understand costs increase for everything, but these prices for games are beyond what I'd tolerate. It's not just the prices, but to sit in the hot sun, or cold stadium and be squeezed out of my seat by bipedal whales. To endure some pampered blob kid spelling his soda on you, or knocked over 1 or 2 seats above you, running down to your seat, or splashed on you. And the blob and whales just sit and look at you as if to say, "WHAT!?" Instead of picking up the can or bottle to prevent the spill continuing.Nope, not paying 1-2 grand for that, nope. My recliner, big screen TV, and our DIY high quality snacks and meals is the best substitute. And my beers won't cost me $12 a cup. Nope, glass bottles of goat milk stout, Dogfish, or Red Bridge is better. Gas, hotel, and tickets each trip? No, could do a down payment on a new car with the total cost of attending 3-4 games. Or if I ever dared (I won't), try to bribe Shirley to lt me have an Asian, Jamaican, Turkish, or Colombian side chick. Meanwhile, the prices---

Last edited:
Reactions: 91Vol
Good grief, where do you sit? I have been going to football games for almost 65 years and while nothing is perfect, I've not experienced the misery you describe. Hope things are better for you at home this season

Good grief, where do you sit? I have been going to football games for almost 65 years and while nothing is perfect, I've not experienced the misery you describe. Hope things are better for you at home this season
Then you haven't been going to games.

Every year, at least one home game for 65 years and majority of home games for the last 25 years. Have not missed home game last 3 years and hopefully that will continue this season.

VN Store

Back