Bad Footwork Worley

Check out the 29:20 min mark. It's the circus catch by north. Worley comes out of the play action like he's left handed and then has to switch to his right and almost could get the pass off in time.

2013 Tennessee vs. Western Kentucky - YouTube

Dear normalfootballfan (Worley hater),

Worley was being plastered just as he passed the ball. Some WKU got into the backfield, pressured Worley and knocked him down, the pass went off just as contact was made. There are laws that regulate such events. They relate to mainly cause and effect along with the principles of inertia. You see, there's a difference between a QB not being harassed and having the privilege of time to window shop his WRs, wave at his RBs, blow his girl a kiss, and then pass the ball. :hi:

Reactions: 5 people
I Think he was designed to roll left if i remember that play correctly. Cant watch it at work. but he saw north down the field and took a shot... I wish he had more arm strength to get that throw off on his back foot. That's one thing you could say about Tyler Pay, I mean Bray, dude could make big throws while standing like a flamengo

And Woodsmen, I dont think he was hating on him as much as you think, he's just trying to sound like an armchair QB scout.

There's definitely some footwork issues with Worley, the way he hops a little too much instead of planting, but this particular play is a horrible example bc he was running around and trying to hit a guy across the field. His reads started on the left side, if indeed he was rolling that way. North was one of the last reads, so the fact that he found him under pressure and got the ball close enough for an elite receiver to make the catch is enough for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
This is an attempt to prove a thread that was started yesterday titled "No one has mentioned Worley's footwork" by chatt-town vol wrong. To say the least, it has failed miserably. I am all but positive that OP has went through the first two games twice trying to find the worst footwork by Worley. Keep in mind while viewing this film, thoughts are going through his head "I will show Chatt-Town Vol" "I am going to gain so much volnation credibility!" "They will probably make me an administrator after this one" "Gosh I will probably get at least 50+ likes on this one" "Man, AJ Johnson has nice arms and nice legs" You can whine about Worley all you want but unless your name is Butch Jones and you're putting in 70+ hours a week, it will not matter.

Reactions: 2 people
This is an attempt to prove a thread that was started yesterday titled "No one has mentioned Worley's footwork" by chatt-town vol wrong. To say the least, it has failed miserably. I am all but positive that OP has went through the first two games twice trying to find the worst footwork by Worley. Keep in mind while viewing this film, thoughts are going through his head "I will show Chatt-Town Vol" "I am going to gain so much volnation credibility!" "They will probably make me an administrator after this one" "Gosh I will probably get at least 50+ likes on this one" "Man, AJ Johnson has nice arms and nice legs" You can whine about Worley all you want but unless your name is Butch Jones and you're putting in 70+ hours a week, it will not matter.

LOL. Actually I noticed it while watching the game live and remembered it when I saw the thread about him having good footwork.

BTW, do I get prizes for likes? If I do then I'm going about this all wrong.

hhemm... Butch gets it!!! Brick by brick!!!! We will go 9-3 with a bowl win!!!

Soon

Worley was being plastered just as he passed the ball. Some WKU got into the backfield, pressured Worley and knocked him down, the pass went off just as contact was made. There are laws that regulate such events. They relate to mainly cause and effect along with the principles of inertia. You see, there's a difference between a QB not being harassed and having the privilege of time to window shop his WRs, wave at his RBs, blow his girl a kiss, and then pass the ball. :hi:

He had plenty of time. Bad footwork and slow release is the only reason he felt pressure

Outstanding effort and concentration to make the catch...and terrible throw to a wide open man. Most kids coulda threw a td on that play.

Can you post a video of your footwork, so we can compare?
This is always such a bad argument. The guy never said he was an SEC caliber QB or better than Worley.

He just said Worley's footwork is not up to par.

According to you, Willie Martinez has no business coaching corners either since there is no way he can cover a WR the way he wants them to.

I'm beginning to wonder why any recruit would want to come to UT with armchair qbs like you constantly looking for something wrong with a player. People are on here all the time asking why someone is playing, why someone is starting, they are terrible at their position, it's their fault we lost, etc. There are no perfect football players. I support whoever the coaches decide to put in. If some of you guys were so smart about football, you would be coaching instead of writing on a message board. Off soapbox. :banghead2:

Reactions: 3 people

Is it still ok to have a different opinion on this board rather than just yours or are we all going to be Worley haters if we do? Give me a break!

Last edited:
Got to be honest. Seeing the first game live and watching the second game on TV, I've wondered if Worley's feet aren't part of his problem. On some throws he seems to never get set and step into it. Clearly, there's something making him miss a lot high and behind receivers.

There was some plays last week that I noticed at the game that he never set his feet but its his second game as the leading qb... Give him time and you have to understand he don't have the confidence of throwing to veteran receivers. He will get there but most people hate on him just because they want dobbs assuming that because he can run he will take us to a championship. Idc who the qb is as long as Its who CBJ wants

Last edited:
Best part about this thread I've got a video to kill 2 hours of work with. Thanks! :good!:

VN Store

Back