Baseball Season Tickets - First timer

Vol_sanity

Junior Varsity
Hey, I am a 20 year football season ticket holder and know the ends and outs of that process. Baseball seems a little different. I am going to get 4, but it looks like a pay a deposit per ticket requested. When does that need to be paid and when will I get to choose my seats if I qualify for tickets? Anybody that can explain what and when things happen, it is greatly appreciated!!

So, did you get tickets or put in to get tickets?

The deposit is due in October/November. I don't know anyone that got to pick their tickets in the past few years. You get what you get.

So, did you get tickets or put in to get tickets?

The deposit is due in October/November. I don't know anyone that got to pick their tickets in the past few years. You get what you get.
I am going to put a deposit this week on 4. I didnt know if I got to pick location based off my donor status or how all that works. I guess my question is by putting a deposit of $50 per ticket, there is a range of locations and prices that I could get so I wasnt sure how it was decided and when

I am going to put a deposit this week on 4. I didnt know if I got to pick location based off my donor status or how all that works. I guess my question is by putting a deposit of $50 per ticket, there is a range of locations and prices that I could get so I wasnt sure how it was decided and when
Last year about a dozen season tickets weren’t renewed. According to a few people, the baseball team just came off of a bad year with C+ coaching, but I think it’ll still be hard to get them for the first time.

I’ll add that if you are new here to this forum there are a few people here who can be Debbie Downers, thus my C+ comment above. Despite that, welcome!

Last edited:
The $50 deposit you are putting down is not for this coming season. There is a long line of folks waiting for the very few season tickets that will be available for the upcoming season. That deposit is for tickets in the new, expanded facility that hasn't been built yet. They don't really tell you that up front. One caveat, if you donate enough, you might actually get a chance to purchase season tickets for the upcoming season.

I've had good luck calling the ticket office (now AllVols.com) and asking people to explain things to me. I, too am a long-time football season ticket holder and that is what I did when I got my baseball season tickets a few years back. They still do have people answering the phone (as of last March 2023) but all the actual ticket purchases will go through TicketMaster. You are probably already well aware of that. Good luck!

We wanted to simply upgrade our seats last year and they told me to just be glad I had tickets. I wouldn't expect much if you are on the outside looking in looking at 2024.

Same. Also, a seat next to me is never used and I wanted to add it to my two. No way, no how. I don't think it belongs to anyone, they just hold it for special games and people. I guess I'm lucky they let me pay them for two. HA!

The good news is that they will eventually get rid of the scalpers. TicketMaster allows tracking of who attends vs who sells their tickets. Occasionally selling will always be allowed but selling all the time will result in losing tix.

It is tough. I’ve asked for additional for 3 years. I greatly regret I did not buy more 4 years ago. I also turned down an option to move to MVP after the first year which was dumb on my part. I’m just hoping I get to keep mine after renovations.
You think we‘ll get beat out by the big donors?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The good news is that they will eventually get rid of the scalpers. TicketMaster allows tracking of who attends vs who sells their tickets. Occasionally selling will always be allowed but selling all the time will result in losing tix.
When did they start this, I saw the same seats on TM for pretty much every game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
They have threatened to but have not so far. The concern that has been raised if you do that then you also have to punish the ones who have MVP seats that do not use them which are some big donors. You can't punish the ones who sell them regularly and not punish the ones who just leave them empty regularly. I think the problem also is TN is a resale state so there are no problems with selling tickets to events so how can you punish the person who buys them to sell. I think there is a lawsuit waiting to happen if you do anything along those lines. And then how many times do you have to sell them to be too many? If someone has had them for many years but moved out of town are you going to punish them for selling the times they can't be there or don't come.

They have threatened to but have not so far. The concern that has been raised if you do that then you also have to punish the ones who have MVP seats that do not use them which are some big donors. You can't punish the ones who sell them regularly and not punish the ones who just leave them empty regularly. I think the problem also is TN is a resale state so there are no problems with selling tickets to events so how can you punish the person who buys them to sell. I think there is a lawsuit waiting to happen if you do anything along those lines. And then how many times do you have to sell them to be too many? If someone has had them for many years but moved out of town are you going to punish them for selling the times they can't be there or don't come.

I agree with your thoughts. However, it’s not like they are going to rescind tickets midseason for a season ticket holder. Instead, they are likely to not allow an offender to renew those tickets. Doesn’t seem like they are under any obligation to allow people to renew, so I don’t think any litigation would be successful.

Is that only if they’re listed through Ticketmaster or anytime a “transfer” is done? I never sell mine on the ticket sites, it’s always private but I’m sure the code being transferred is still traceable. Would love to know what the “threshold for attendance” becomes before they revoke them. Living 4 hrs away, I’m never making a mid-week game and don’t want to see them go unused when there’s myriad of folks trying to get in, so that would suck to lose them over selling approx 50% of the games.

Legislate that into oblivion..

Reactions: knoxvol52
Is that only if they’re listed through Ticketmaster or anytime a “transfer” is done? I never sell mine on the ticket sites, it’s always private but I’m sure the code being transferred is still traceable. Would love to know what the “threshold for attendance” becomes before they revoke them. Living 4 hrs away, I’m never making a mid-week game and don’t want to see them go unused when there’s myriad of folks trying to get in, so that would suck to lose them over selling approx 50% of the games.
I was selling or giving away most midweek games last year using Vol Nation.

My assumption is that although transfers are traceable, I think they are more concerned about reselling on TM. Many will transfer to friends and family. Plus, I doubt they are concerned with mid season games. They will be looking at weekend series iMHO.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Last year about a dozen season tickets weren’t renewed. According to a few people, the baseball team just came off of a bad year with C+ coaching, but I think it’ll still be hard to get them for the first time.

I’ll add that if you are new here to this forum there are a few people here who can be Debbie Downers, thus my C+ comment above. Despite that, welcome!
“C+ Coaching” seriously? You got to be kidding me right? I think this was Vitello best job coaching since his 2nd season when the Vols won 40 games for first time since 2005. Vitello had to repalce every position players after have 10 players drafted. The Vols was 5-10 in the SEC then Vitello made some difficult changes to the lineup and pitching rotation and then that’s when the team went on a run. Went from not ranked mid season to making it to Omaha and finishing #7 in final poll by D1Baseball.

So I say his grade is higher

“C+ Coaching” seriously? You got to be kidding me right? I think this was Vitello best job coaching since his 2nd season when the Vols won 40 games for first time since 2005. Vitello had to repalce every position players after have 10 players drafted. The Vols was 5-10 in the SEC then Vitello made some difficult changes to the lineup and pitching rotation and then that’s when the team went on a run. Went from not ranked mid season to making it to Omaha and finishing #7 in final poll by D1Baseball.

So I say his grade is higher
Stand down, Marine. An inside site joke. There was a negaVol back last spring sharing his opinion of CTV and staff, that ginned up that beauty. 😉
@VolMarine1371

VN Store

Back