Basketball Prospect

Volsguy12

Anyone know anything about this kid...Antanas Kavaliauskas..He is from Lithuania and goes to Barton Community College. 6-11 240..Said on Rivals were tryin to get him..

Nope, I haven't heard about him. He would be a great addition though. I am getting tired of all those easy names like Scooter, Pee Wee, Major etc. It would be great to chant....Kavaliauskas!

Looks like he might be able to help. We are in desperate need of a big man for next year. Several schools are interested in this guy though.

Kesling won't be able to get half way through that name LOL.....Oh, for the days of John Ward

BTW, I've not heard anything about this kid either...Crump is a SR. correct? If so, If we landed that guy, he could be a good addition down low

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Feb 20, 2005 10:55 AM
Can't wait to hear Kessling screw his name up.

Kessling might have to retire if we had that guy. :lol:

and yes#10_Ainge Crump is a Sr. this year.

Originally posted by vol_freak+Feb 20, 2005 12:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Feb 20, 2005 12:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BHAMVOLFAN@Feb 20, 2005 10:55 AM
Can&#39;t wait to hear Kessling screw his name up.

and yes#10_Ainge Crump is a Sr. this year. [/quote]
Then if we get this guy, he could help

Originally posted by Volsguy12@Feb 19, 2005 12:33 PM
Anyone know anything about this kid...Antanas Kavaliauskas..He is from Lithuania and goes to Barton Community College. 6-11 240..Said on Rivals were tryin to get him..

Yes, Tennessee is recruiting Kavaliauskas. He&#39;s a 6&#39;11", 240 lb. sophomore from Lithuania, as you said, who played at Barton County CC in Kansas for the past two years. He averaged a double-double this past season; ca. 18 points and 10 rebounds PG. He&#39;s a hard working, well rounded player. He&#39;s being recruited pretty hard by a few different schools... Texas A&M (the biggest one), South Carolina, Virginia Tech, and Tennessee, mainly. This is the first forum I&#39;ve seen with positive responses to Kavaliauskas, though... despite him being such a great addition to any team that he ends up choosing, several Vol fans opposed Peterson recruiting him, for some unknown reason. He&#39;s the best center in the Jayhawk conference... how much better do they think they&#39;re going to get? Do they just want Shaq? He&#39;s probably going to A&M, anyway, though; he hasn&#39;t officially commited yet, however... he&#39;s waiting until signing day to officially voice his decision. He might still take a visit to Tennessee, though, if a new head coach is hired before April 13th.

Hard to believe that there isn&#39;t a place in D1 for a guy who is 6&#39;11" 240.

Even if he&#39;s a stiff - he&#39;s a BIG stiff who can at least put a body on someone.

Originally posted by milohimself@Mar 20, 2005 9:49 PM
Seriously. If you&#39;re that tall, you can have subpar skills and still survive in D1.

For real. Look at what Crump did&#33; :lol:

Crump had the dreaded big man&#39;s disease - the body of a Center and the desire to slash and shoot like a Forward. What you&#39;re left with is the hybrid . . . the Powerless Forward.

correctamundo&#33;&#33;&#33; (About Crump).

We need to get the right guy for the new job and we need to scoot. There are still a lot of pretty good recruits out there and some of them are probably watching to see who we get.

One thing is for sure, if we get BK, some of them will definitely head to K-town&#33;

AND, can you believe it? If, excuse me, when the Lady Vols beat Purdue, our next opponent will most likely be none other than TEXAS TECH. That&#39;s a bit eerie. :ph34r:

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10+Feb 20, 2005 6:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (#10_Ainge_#10 @ Feb 20, 2005 6:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by vol_freak@Feb 20, 2005 12:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-BHAMVOLFAN
@Feb 20, 2005 10:55 AM
Can&#39;t wait to hear Kessling screw his name up.

and yes#10_Ainge Crump is a Sr. this year.

Then if we get this guy, he could help [/quote]
Yes, I think he could help. The foreign kids always seem to have a better grasp on the game and are sound in fundamentals.

VN Store

Back