BASKETBALL

If the vols men dont make the field of 65 is Buzz Peterson on his way out the door?

• Total voters

RockyTop08

I think he should be fired because the team has geat talent in scooter and in the future lofton

UT's basketball team does not have "great" talent. They do have a few good players but that is all. They have no depth and virtually no inside game.

Well I say lofton is a great talent. theres no freshamn in the country that can shoot like him.

scooter hasn't 'zactly been consistent this year. he and bc tend to phone in more games than they show up for. now, who's the rest of our outstanding talent?

Originally posted by Volsguy12@Feb 9, 2005 10:24 PM
Bring in Matt Doherty!!

After the way he screwed up the UNC job, I'd hate to see what he'd to us.

Lofton has 1 problem in that he's weak on the defensive end but also he's a Freshman. Fire Buzz this year and you will make UT basketball the equivalent of Vandy in football for the next 20 years. But no worries cause AD Hamilton as all but said Buzz will return next year and in 2 months it'll be official he'll return.

Originally posted by GAVol+Feb 9, 2005 10:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Feb 9, 2005 10:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Volsguy12@Feb 9, 2005 10:24 PM
Bring in Matt Doherty&#33;&#33;

After the way he screwed up the UNC job, I&#39;d hate to see what he&#39;d to us. [/quote]
Roy Williams is winning at UNC now with the players Dougherty helped land.

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 9, 2005 10:49 PM
I don&#39;t think ANYTHING can plague a program for 20 years...

You haven&#39;t heard of Praire View A&M Football?

If we MUST bring in someone, it MUST be Mike Anderson. No one else will do, particularly that walking cadaver Doherty.

FREE MIKE ANDERSON&#33;&#33;&#33;

Attachments

• p_andersonheadshot.jpg
    p_andersonheadshot.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 0
I wonder if Trooper has any B-Ball experience?

Gosh I hope not. Leave him with the footvols. I want Mike Anderson&#33;&#33;&#33;

Attachments

• p_andersonheadshot.jpg
    p_andersonheadshot.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 0
I think Buzz gets one more year and the recruits he is able to land will have as much to do with his leaving next year as his record this year. He&#39;s been here long enough to have gotten better recruits.

I just don&#39;t understand what the problem is that we can&#39;t get some top notch recruits. If we were able to get a solid base going, it looks to me like everything else would fall into place.

What&#39;s the problem?

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Feb 9, 2005 10:20 PM
If we MUST bring in someone, it MUST be Mike Anderson. No one else will do, particularly that walking cadaver Doherty.

FREE MIKE ANDERSON&#33;&#33;&#33;

Mike Anderson is free right there at UAB his hometown team&#33; and with Louisville and Cincy leaving C-USA he will be winning conference titles for years to come&#33; So he wont be leaving any time soon.

Now if we must bring in someone here are some names....Steve Lavin, Jeff Capel, Matt Doherty, Mike Jarvis, Johnny Dawkins, and a host of others I am probably leaving out.

The problem, if you want to call it that, is that Buzz is everything this administration wants in a head coach less one thing-winning. They will give him one more year and pray that he has the biggest turnaround year in the SEC. If not, he&#39;s gone and no one will be able to save him. The real problem however, in my opinion, is that Buzz doesn&#39;t know how to fix it or he would already. I don&#39;t think he knows much about creating chemistry with his rercruiting and perhaps chases the numbers instead of the personality. He has created a team of Caspers the friendly ghosts, they can fly but they can&#39;t say "Boo&#33;" He needs a couple of Freddies or Jasons on the team.

What about JaJuan Smith? #10? I thought he played some good D last night and showed some flashes. Smith, Watson, Lofton will be a nice backcourt next season. We need someone to get them to play.

The administration is not going to pay 3 coaches&#39; salaries next year...

Jerry Green gets one more payment then they&#39;d have to negotiate Buzz&#39;s severance package and pay someone else.

I hate to tell you folks, but there ain&#39;t no one that&#39;s a big name or an up and comer that wants this job...not with as little patience as some fans and alumni have with a program that has had limited success in the past 90 years.

:banghead:

The Vols looked horrible last night.

Bama had 49 rebounds to our 19

We shot for 35.7% from the floor (a new season low) while Bama shot for 55.7%.

We only had one player that scored in double digits and that was Watson with 15.

Crump scored 2 points and pulled down 2 rebounds in 15 minutes.

Scooter was 2 of 10 shooting the ball.

Bama had 2 guys with double doubles...Davidson with 16 points and 14 rebounds and Davis with 16 points and 13 rebounds.

When this team gets bad, they get really bad. Poor coaching and poor playing are a dangerous combination.

I dont care who it is, if u pay enough money they will come to UT to coach. Buzz seems like a great guy but I really think he sux as a coach. Each year his team has gone down, I really wished we were better because I like him. WE had a guy in here that brought us to the tourny pretty regular but he was fired. Please get us some help, send Buzz to coaching school lol.

VN Store

Back