Bb Recruits

newCBP is kinda in a corner. We really only have one scholly left for this year. If we get JG, then someone has to transfer, drop out or not have thier scholly renewed in order to sign someone else. We need a big guy and there are not many big guys left in this year's class.

Anyone currently at UT on a scholly that leaves us, counts against our grad rate on the new APR. So we're screwed on APR if anyone on the team leaves.

Are you thoroughly confused now?

The 1 scholarship this year will hurt, but next year will be key anyway. If the season were to start today who would be the starting 5. I am trying to get a feel for what we have since I am new to the Vol bandwagon. I remember seeing UT play North Carolina in Hawaii and someone for UT had a big game.

Lofton
Watson
Patterson
Wingate
Asumnu

that would be the 5 i would have to pick right now Asumnu should do well on a press defense team. Tyler Smith will probably get lots of starting time too

I think that Bradshaw and Hendrix will also do well with Pearls Defense

Bruce has got a good core of players in my opinion and with some recruiting should be able to build on that core very nicely

PG Watson
SG Lofton
F Patterson
F Hendrix
C Wingate

With the fast style of Pearl's play, i wouldn't be suprised to see JuJuan Smith start as he might like to use a faster 3 guard system

I agree with redneckdave in that Asumnu will probably get a good look from CBP next season. He was one of the highest recruited players to ever come to Tennessee, and in my opinion, Buzz gave up on him too soon. Its also been said that he's the best defensive player on the team as well.... and I think CBP likes that. Hendrix is good, but Asumnu has the potential to be much better.

I believe Bradshaw would fit well in his defense....He's a great defensive player...His offense could use a little bit of work but other than that he would fit in well

I'm excited about next year

pg-watson
sg-lofton
sf-smith
pf-patterson
c-wingate

gordon might be able to slide in and drop wingate if he comes as well. 3 guards and two forwards might work.

remember that pearl comes from the midwest and can recruit outside of tennessee.

alot of good players love playing his style of ball

We still won't do to well this year. Next year will be the big test. Players will want to see if the team does well. But you never know....

You might call Pearl a midwest guy, but his roots is in the Northeast. At USI he did recruit from all over. His style and his personality make a great mix for being a good recruiter. I think everything is in place. Great school, nice uniforms, nice stadium.

He always was able to land transfers from other schools that for whatever reason didn't mix with their current team. He landed solid Division I players to transfer to Division II every year and most of them were starters for their D I teams. Cortez Barnes (UT), Brandon Hughes (Michigan), Tyrone Tate (Utah), Leighton Nash (Illinois) were the best during my era at USI.

At UWM his two best players were transfers that felt they were better suited in his style: Ed McCants (Horizon League Player of the Year from Northwestern) and Joah Tucker (Next Year Horizon League Player of the Year and the guy who dropped 30 on the Fighting Illini from Bradley).

I wouldn't be surprised to see him add to his legacy here at UT with similar transfers.

VN Store

Back