Bball Recruiting

AmoebaVol

What's going on with Basketball recruiting right now? Anybody know? I read an article where CBP is flying all over the country here lately ... so I assume it's for recruiting purposes.

I really wish we had separate recruiting forums for the different sports. Usually people post threads with a player's name in the Title and you can't tell which sport it's for -- makes it really hard to keep up. Just a thought.

I agree also. As popular as bball is now, it really needs its own forum. I suggested this a few months ago and got no backing.

I agree also. As popular as bball is now, it really needs its own forum. I suggested this a few months ago and got no backing.

Well, we haven't had too many people jump on the bandwagon here either ... so maybe that's why there's no backing :)

Seriously, though. I rarely use the recruiting forum anymore because it takes too much effort. It's not an issue in the main forum because the players we have are known (i.e. we see the title "Lofton" and we know it's about basketball). In the recruiting forum, somebody will be talking about Jemerius Roundtree and there's no telling which sport the thread is talking about.

btw ... Jemerius Roundtree is a fictional character I just made up and should not be confused with any "real" Jemerius Roundtree's out there.

We just need the creator of each thread to use the football/basketball icons that Freak came up with to differentiate the threads.

From 2008 Rivals 150:

Prospects:
#16 5* SG Elliot Williams - Medium - Top 4 (in-state)
#28 5* SF Terrelle Pryor - Medium - Top 6
#33 4* SF Chris Singleton - Medium - Top 5 of 13
#57 4* SF Wesley Witherspoon - Medium - Top 17
#59 4* SF Renaldo Woolridge - High - Top 3 of 5
#61 4* PG Courtney Fortson - Medium - Middle 3 of 7
#86 4* SG Mark McLaughlin - Medium - Bottom 4 of 5
#102 3* PG Terrell Holloway - Medium - Top 6
#115 3* PF Rashanti Harris - Medium - Top 5
#124 3* SG Eshaunte Jones - Low - Bottom 4 of 9
#126 3* PG Verdell Jones - Medium - Top 11
#129 3* PF Brandon Moore - Medium - Top 11
#137 3* SF Murphy Holloway - High - Top 2 of 14

Commits:
#65 4* C Philip Jurick - Solid Verbal (in-state)

Low, Medium, High = interest level
Top 6 = we are in his top 6 choices

We just need the creator of each thread to use the football/basketball icons that Freak came up with to differentiate the threads.

You think you can educate everyone on this forum to use an icon or at least the right icon? Half the time when a bball icon is used, it a thread about football. It would just be so much easier for bball to have it's own forum. Especially Nov. through Jan (well maybe not Jan this year) when both sports are going on at the same time. I really don't know what the big deal is.

VN Store

Back