BCS Computer rankings?

BulldogFan04

I was just curious as to what everyone thought about the computer rankings? They have Oklahoma at #5, which I think is ridiculous, there is one poll that has UAB ranked ahead of Georgia, West Virginia is not ranked in a single poll, and Arizona State, who lost by 38 on Saturday is #9. Does this make any sense to anyone else? By the way, congrats on the ass kicking you gave us in Athens.

The first few polls are always screwy, but those computers have a way of shaking things out as the season goes along. The bottom line is that there is one sure way to avoid getting screwed by the BCS. Just win baby!

So if you just win, you won't get screwed by the BCS? What happens if Utah, Wisconsin, Auburn, Oklahoma, USC, and Miami win? Are you saying that they won't get screwed?

We all know that getting screwed at the end of the year is a way of life in college football. My point that I should have made more clearly is that there are always these "BCS busters" and upstart teams, but they almost always end up losing a game or two before the end of the year. I can only remember 1 time when we had more than 2 undefeated teams. Being undefeated makes it really hard to get screwed.

All you can really do is try and win your conference and let luck take care of the rest.

didn't somebody recently lose their con champ and still wind up in 1 of the top tier bowls ...how crazy is that?

I'm sure your referring to last season when Oklahoma lost to Kansas State in the Big XII championship game and then was still ranked no. 1 in the BCS and played for a piece of the National Championship. No. 2 LSU beat the Sooners 21-14. No. 3 USC (no. 1 in AP and UE) won the Rose Bowl over Michigan, 28-14.

In 2001, Nebraska lost their regular season final to Colorado. Colorado won the divisional tie-breaker and went to the Big XII championship game and upset Texas. Nebraska was still ranked No. 2 in the final BCS and played for the National Championship. No. 1 Miami beat the Cornhuskers 37-14.

Years where National Championship Game participants were both undefeated:
1992 (1) Miami 11-0 (2) Alabama 12-0
1995 (1) Nebraska 11-0, (2) Florida 12-0
1999 (1) Fla St 11-0, (2) Va Tech 11-0
2001 (1) Miami 12-0, (2) Ohio State 13-0

Note: The Bowl Coalition was formed in 1992, and lasted until 1994. In 1995, the Bowl Alliance replaced the coalition. It was replaced in 1998 by the Bowl Championship Series.

Note2: Both Nebraska and Penn State were undefeated in 1994, but because the Big11 and Pac10 were not part of the Bowl Coalition, Penn State played in the Rose Bowl. Both won bowl games, however, Nebraska finished 1st in both polls.

Here is some iteresting info... What ifs??

If the Coaches polls were more in line with others i.e. Ap FWA16 CFN117

the BCS would have
If Tennessee is ranked 11th in ap and coaches and Georgia 10th

Tennessee would be 8th .6623
Georgia would be 11th .585

If Tennessee is ranked 10th and Georgia 11th

Tennessee would be 8th .685
Georgia Would be 11th .561

This is with the computer rankings as is
Tennessee 7th
Georgia 14th

Go figure