Bears aquire Khalil Mack

"The Bears gave up first-round picks in 2019 and 2020, a third-round pick in 2020 and a sixth-round pick in 2019 to acquire Mack earlier Saturday. In return, the Bears also received a second-round pick in 2020 and a conditional fifth-round pick in 2020."ESPN

"If you didn't already hear, the Bears traded for maybe the best pass rusher on the planet, Khalil Mack."

"Speaking of the Raiders, man oh man did they have a day. They ...

The Raiders had a day. But it was not a good day. It was the kind of day that signaled they're not ready to compete in the AFC West. "

- CBS

Gruden may come out smelling like a rose, but this sure doesnt look like a good way to start.

"If you didn't already hear, the Bears traded for maybe the best pass rusher on the planet, Khalil Mack."

"Speaking of the Raiders, man oh man did they have a day. They ...

The Raiders had a day. But it was not a good day. It was the kind of day that signaled they're not ready to compete in the AFC West. "

- CBS

Gruden may come out smelling like a rose, but this sure doesnt look like a good way to start.

Methinks he's trying to do his best Jimmy Johnson/Hershel Walker trade imitation.

Methinks he's trying to do his best Jimmy Johnson/Hershel Walker trade imitation.
Dallas agreed to give Herschel Walker and three draft picks to Minnesota. In return, the Cowboys would get from the Vikings five players, three draft picks, and conditional picks attached to each of those five players should he be cut by Dallas before February 1, 1990

The deal wound up getting Dallas:
And with the draft picks (and more trading of picks), they got
Emmitt Smith
Stan Smagala (yeah I have no idea)
Russell Maryland
Alonzo Highsmith
Kevin Smith
Darren Woodson
Clayton Holmes

Minnesota wound up with Walker, TE Mike Jones, WR Reggie Thornton, WR Pat Newman, and WR Jake Reed

Last edited:
People need to really break down that Herschel Walker trade and all of the moves within the moves that Jimmy Johnson engineered to get that final net result before they go on their default claim of “the next one” every time more than one draft pick is netted in a trade. The closest that’s ever happened is the Ricky Williams for the entire Saints draft and part of the next trade...and the Redskins flubbed that.

Dallas agreed to give Herschel Walker and three draft picks to Minnesota. In return, the Cowboys would get from the Vikings five players, three draft picks, and conditional picks attached to each of those five players should he be cut by Dallas before February 1, 1990

The deal wound up getting Dallas:
And with the draft picks (and more trading of picks), they got
Emmitt Smith
Stan Smagala (yeah I have no idea)
Russell Maryland
Alonzo Highsmith
Kevin Smith
Darren Woodson
Clayton Holmes

Minnesota wound up with Walker, TE Mike Jones, WR Reggie Thornton, WR Pat Newman, and WR Jake Reed
People need to really break down that Herschel Walker trade and all of the moves within the moves that Jimmy Johnson engineered to get that final net result before they go on their default claim of “the next one” every time more than one draft pick is netted in a trade. The closest that’s ever happened is the Ricky Williams for the entire Saints draft and part of the next trade...and the Redskins flubbed that.

You're both correct in it very much remains to be seen how this is going to play out. I was merely saying I think he (Gruden) is hoping to come up with the biggest possible payoff for trading one of the biggest names in the game. We'll have to wait for the impact to be measured.

That was sort of my point. It took Dallas a few years to get the full benefit of the trade. Bottom line was Minnesota got fleeced.

You're both correct in it very much remains to be seen how this is going to play out. I was merely saying I think he (Gruden) is hoping to come up with the biggest possible payoff for trading one of the biggest names in the game. We'll have to wait for the impact to be measured.
If this most recent draft is an indicator, I don’t anticipate a Bill Walsh level franchise uplifting couple of drafts as a benefit.

VN Store

Back