Beating the Quacks...

T_man_J

On defense, we will not be able to substitute, so our big men will have to conserve energy. Hood and McCullers should play a true DT, technique 3 and focus on shutting down screens (no penetration). This forces all option reads (on our DTs) to go to the inside (this negates the speed advantage of the quacks).

Gap A responsibility should be left to our LBs. If A.J. plays both gaps, this frees up one LB (and I pick Sapp) to shoot gap A on every play and force Mariota to either make the run read or pass before the play develops). Our DEs will have to play outside in and if the opportunity presents itself, attack the ball carrier.

On offense, all we have to do is run the ball down their throats and keep the Quack offense off the field.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 4 people
personally, I think we give out WAY too much information during pressers as well, only making it harder on ourselves.

personally, I think we give out WAY too much information during pressers as well, only making it harder on ourselves.

So you think Helfrich and the other Oregon coaches are checking Volnation to figure out what we are going to do?

hahaha

:loco:

Reactions: 1 person
On defense, we will not be able to substitute, so our big men will have to conserve energy. Hood and McCullers should play a true DT, technique 3 and focus on shutting down screens (no penetration). This forces all option reads (on our DTs) to go to the inside (this negates the speed advantage of the quacks).

Gap A responsibility should be left to our LBs. If A.J. plays both gaps, this frees up one LB (and I pick Sapp) to shoot gap A on every play and force Mariota to either make the run read or pass before the play develops). Our DEs will have to play outside in and if the opportunity presents itself, attack the ball carrier.

On offense, all we have to do is run the ball down their throats and keep the Quack offense off the field.

Go Vols!

Most of our screen plays are outside the tackle box.

So you think Helfrich and the other Oregon coaches are checking Volnation to figure out what we are going to do?

hahaha

:loco:

I think they are paying attention. I also think they are taking everything they can get...which is exactly what I would expect us to be doing as well.

Everyone's screens are outside the tackle box!

We run mostly bubble screens...not really sure how McCullers and Hood not penetrating will help that. I guess that strategy would work on some of our tunnel screens.

Not all screens are outside the tackle box. I guess it would have been better to say most or our screens are on the perimeter. If you're going to play that strategy the boundary is going to be there all day.

Did you watch the Oregon Auburn 2011 game?

Yeah, their DTs were getting penetration and disrupting the mesh point. They were certainly not staying home for the screen passes.

Darron Thomas also kept throwing high to the boundary in that game.

I think they are paying attention. I also think they are taking everything they can get...which is exactly what I would expect us to be doing as well.

Sry, but I think Oregon is looking over us and not to worried about the game. so im sure there not paying attention to volnation. GBO hope we win

VN Store

Back