Best Decade of NFL Football? (Poll)

What is the best decade of the SB era?

• Total voters

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
I've only been watching since the early 90's but I think the 2000's was the best decade. It was the best combination of modern athletes + modern offense + old school grit and violence. I don't think it will ever be topped because of protective rules, the pass-heavy evolution of the game, and also because of CTE thinning the talent base. Thoughts?

One thing I loved about 2000's is how many great TE's, safeties, and impact RB's there were. As a spectator, I love those positions so much.

Really? Why?
More physical, QB's actually got hit, deeper passes (not twenty 2 yard dink and dunk crap "throws")
Big physical running backs.
More characters...........Jack Lambert, Jack Tatum, Lyle Alzado, Hollywood Henderson.......

Reactions: Godfatha
YES!

Watch some highlights. Much more physical.

Highlights don't tell the tale. They tell the absolute best version of the tale. What game do you remember as especially physical? I'll try to find it on youtube.

Highlights don't tell the tale. They tell the absolute best version of the tale.
Watch the "tales" and tell me that it wasn't more physical. Head slaps, shots to the head, late hits, close lines, etc

Watch the "tales" and tell me that it wasn't more physical. Head slaps, shots to the head, late hits, close lines, etc

You can still clothesline somebody, it's just a dumb way to tackle. So you like cheap shots?

AbleVeneratedDiscus-size_restricted.gif

Didn't say they weren't cheap shots. Said it was more physical................

The start of rules starting to ruin the game was after the 1977 season when the rules were changed that cornerbacks could only maintain contact with wide receivers within five yards of the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: peaygolf
The start of rules starting to ruin the game was after the 1977 season when the rules were changed that cornerbacks could only maintain contact with wide receivers within five yards of the line of scrimmage.

OK, I get the griping about a lot of rule changes but there is no way this wasn't a great rule change. I'd much rather see a balanced game with more skilled, athletic corners. Watching a cornerback hold and impede a WR is not good spectating. You already get that action at the line of scrimmage. Letting WR's run free gives you a different kind of action and allows the game to offer more.

No need to get loud. A late hit is a cheap shot and that was one thing you specifically named that you liked. You are the author of the confusion.

my quote exactly....."Watch the "tales" and tell me that it wasn't more physical. Head slaps, shots to the head, late hits, close lines, etc "

"i like it better" is never stated.

VN Store

Back