BEST FOOTBALL RECIPE

volsgal_n_va

Ok first I am new to the board.........Love the VOLS...............have for 20 years.............This is a topic for both men and women.......What I would like to know is what recipe that you have to fix before a football game.................I know here we have to have chicken taco bowls......that is when we are not at the games................so let me know what is your favorite. You know it is only 45 days until.........FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSE :td:

Welcome to the board! We have to have Barbeque Ribs here on game day...when we're not at the game. That's just a must. :laugh1:

~*Crystal*~

I usually get me some home made fried chicken, green beans, and mashpotatos with alot of butter. Ummm with some Ice tea. dang that sounds good.

Home games....beer and Jimmy Johns subs. Once we get to Neyland, smokey dogs and petros chilli and chips.

If it starts with BE and ends in ER .... :toast: ....that's the only recipe I need!!!

Touchdown Chili

1 lb Chorizo, removed from casing
1 lb Hot Italian Sausage, removed from casing
1 lb Chuck, cut into bite-size pieces
2 lb Hickory-smoked bacon
10 Habenero peppers
5 Scotch Bonnet peppers
10 Jalepeno peppers
4 Poblano peppers
4 Banana peppers
4 Anaheim peppers
2 cans chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 large onions
10 cloves of garlic
2 bottles Negro Mordelo
2 cups Quervo 1800
2 cups Wild Turkey
2 large cans tomato paste
1 large can tomato sauce
2 cans Rotelle Extra Hot diced tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can navy/great northern bean
1 can garbanzo
1 bar dark bakers' chocolate
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup cumin
1/4 cup basil
1/4 cup oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

Add the spices and the liquid ingredients (beer, tequila, whiskey, tomato past and sauce) to an 8 quart pot. Slowly bring to a boil.

Dice the bacon and fry until softened and the fat begins to render. Add the bacon and the bacon fat to the pot. Brown the Chorizo, sausage and chuck in a large pan, drain and add to the pot. Slowly bring to a boil again.

For the peppers, remove the caps and ends, halve lengthwise and slice about 1/4 inch thick. Peal and crush the garlic cloves. Drain the beans. Dice the onions, then add the peppers, garlic, beans and onion to the pot. Reduce the heat, and slowly rise to, once again, bring to a slow boil, with a the lid only partially convering the pot.

Taste adjust salt and pepper if neccessary.

After about an hour, in a double boiler, melt the chocolate then add to the pot. Again, bring to a slow boil. This time, reduce to head to a simmer and let cook for another 3 hours.

I serve plain or over rice, with chocolate treats to ease the heat.

Originally posted by volsgal_n_va@Jul 20, 2005 9:42 AM
Ok first I am new to the board.........Love the VOLS...............have for 20 years.............This is a topic for both men and women.......What I would like to know is what recipe that you have to fix before a football game.................I know here we have to have chicken taco bowls......that is when we are not at the games................so let me know what is your favorite. You know it is only 45 days until.........FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSE :td:
[snapback]116197[/snapback]​

Kentucky Fried Chicken.. does that count? :neener:

Anyway, welcome to the board.

Originally posted by statman@Jul 20, 2005 7:58 PM
Touchdown Chili

1 lb Chorizo, removed from casing
1 lb Hot Italian Sausage, removed from casing
1 lb Chuck, cut into bite-size pieces
2 lb Hickory-smoked bacon
10 Habenero peppers
5 Scotch Bonnet peppers
10 Jalepeno peppers
4 Poblano peppers
4 Banana peppers
4 Anaheim peppers
2 cans chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 large onions
10 cloves of garlic
2 bottles Negro Mordelo
2 cups Quervo 1800
2 cups Wild Turkey
2 large cans tomato paste
1 large can tomato sauce
2 cans Rotelle Extra Hot diced tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can navy/great northern bean
1 can garbanzo
1 bar dark bakers' chocolate
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup cumin
1/4 cup basil
1/4 cup oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

[snapback]116330[/snapback]​

Now THAT my friend, is a chili recipe!

Warning!!! If you cook that chili on a gas stove you'll set the house on fire. Heck, you may set yourself on fire!

Better Idea....substitute tomato juice for the Cuervo and Wild Turkey. Make some margaritas and Manhattans with the booze. You'll thank yourself later!!!

p.s. aren't scotch bonnets and habaneros the same thing?

VN Store

Back