Best of these teams

Who is the best of these Vol teams?

• Total voters

Jmxvol

I voted 2001.....I thought the best team in the country that year.
93 and 99 really good teams too.
These are all teams that somewhat underachieved but still accomplished a lot.

I voted 2001 also . . . even if I did go to that Peach Bowl and watch Maryland annihilate us. :disappointed:

not the best team int he country, that was miami. still the best vols team aside from 1998.

2001 for sure. And I still think we were better than LSU that year. I don't know what the hell happened in that game :dunno:

I personally would not include 1987 with those other teams. We got hammered by one of the lesser bammer teams of the last half century that year, then lost to Boston College. Now 1985, on the other hand, would rank ahead of all of the other teams on the list imo.

85 doesn't fit in with this list though...These are good years that left a little bit to be desired...

As far as talent goes, I voted for the 1999 team. Underachieved, but then again we had targets on our head because we were the defending national champions. A bad 4th down call vs. UF, and a second half collapse at Arkansas, we were just a few plays away from getting back to atlanta.

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Jul 23, 2005 12:31 PM
85 doesn't fit in with this list though...These are good years that left a little bit to be desired...
[snapback]117230[/snapback]​

Gocha

2001 it is. We had a shot at the MNC, all we had to do was beat an LSU team we'd already beaten, and we were actually better than the team that beat LSU earlier. :dunno:

VN Store

Back