Best...tend To Disagree....

tnvoln77

From the head coach of Goodpasture printed in today's Tennessean:

''But today the focus is on Patrick and what he's accomplished. He's certainly the most decorated athlete to come out of Goodpasture and arguably all of Middle Tennessee. The level of ratings publications have given him, the awards he's received … it's just incredible.''

Personally I don't agree with him just yet, many accomplished athletes out of the Middle TN area. Maybe he will turn out to be great in the future, but actions speak louder than words. I know a couple awesome athletes from the Middle TN area that are doing quite well in professional sports as I speak. Besides that, I can recall a guy by the name of Ron Mercer from Goodpasture, correct me if I am wrong even though he finished at Oak Hill he was a fair athlete, and many were claiming him to be a mini Jordan in high school.....

first off his coach is a moron anyone that knows this guy or had read about him knows he's bias against tennessee.......from what i hear he was URGING patrick to go play at USCRAP next season.....so to make an idiotic comment like that just makes me laugh :dlol:

He's certainly the most decorated athlete to come out of Goodpasture and arguably all of Middle Tennessee

That guy doesn't know what he is talking about. Your right, Ron Mercer did play for Goodpasture then went on to become an all american at Kentucky for Basketball, leaving for the pros after his soph year I think. Also, John Henderson did come out of middle tennessee. Even though Troy Fleming didn't have the most spectacular collegiate career in terms of stats, he was the number two rusher EVER out of HS, passing the likes of Emmitt his senior year.

Funny story about Goodpasture and Troy. Troy beat up on them his Junior year at BGA and Goodpasture played David Lipscomb later that year. Lipscomb had a pretty good running back name Shaub. The whole time Goodpasture's crowd at the game was yelling, "Shaub, Shaub, Shaub aint no Troy Fleming" I found it rather humour since I went to BGA and happend to be at the Goodpasture/Lipscomb game.

Also, Just wanted to say Hello all. I figured after reading these boards for a few months as a guest I might as well register and start posting.

Originally posted by NashvilleVol@Feb 3, 2005 3:42 PM
Also, Just wanted to say Hello all. I figured after reading these boards for a few months as a guest I might as well register and start posting.

:welcome:

Thanks. I'm a Vandy alumn that's a Vol fan. Even though I went to Vandy, I've grown up a UT family. UT football is a big part of my family given my uncle playing for them back in the 60s. I look forward to posting here. It seems like a great place. Also, great job yesterday VolFreak. I was the hit of my office with all the signing news.

Losing seasons since 1982. Longest in the nation currently and will pass Oregon State for the longest ever (DI) in a few more years. Keep up the good work Commies.

Too bad he played for 'Bama but, EJ Junior is from Nash-Vegas and he was awesome, #39 from Maplewood H.S.. Turner will have a ways to go to get to that level. Junior is probably the best high school player ever out of Nashville, Tn. He was A-A in 1980, All SEC three times, lineman of the year in the SEC and starter for the Dolphins and Rams in the NFL. Go get um' Patty Turner.

VN Store

Back