Best Time to Get Oregon Tickets?

Ashevolle

Pandemonium Reigns
They're available on stubhub now, but I was wondering if they'd go on sell through uttix at some point, so I can purchase and sit in the visitor section. Anyone have any insight on when I should buy my UT v. Oregon tickets to get the best price?

The UT ticket office should release the away tickets that aren't claimed by season ticket holders sometime in late July or early August IIRC. Given that it's something like a 3000 mile trip and UT isn't expected to be very competitive, I'll be beyond shocked if there aren't leftovers to the Oregon game.

I got mine through a season ticket holder and they were under the impression there is not a high demand. I would bet they will release some to the general public. Tickets also go on sale from U of Oregon in mid July.

They're available on stubhub now, but I was wondering if they'd go on sell through uttix at some point, so I can purchase and sit in the visitor section. Anyone have any insight on when I should buy my UT v. Oregon tickets to get the best price?

UT will not have any tickets to sell to general public. donors will take the allocation. will only be 4000-4300 after UT keeps those they need for traveling party. Donors will gobble those up.. IMO

market is going to be the place to try and find tickets

UT will not have any tickets to sell to general public. donors will take the allocation. will only be 4000-4300 after UT keeps those they need for traveling party. Donors will gobble those up.. IMO

market is going to be the place to try and find tickets

You really think the demand will be that high? I could easily be wrong, and you may have more inside info with regards to demand so far, but I really didn't think there would be that many donors chomping at the bit to spend that kind of money for such a long trip just to watch UT get curbstomped. They've had leftover tickets from the donor allotment the last few years to just about all the SEC road games that made it to general sale.

I've been to every west coast game UT has played in since 1989 & there have been anywhere from 5,000 to 12,000 Vol fans there every time & since Oregon has a tiny stadium, I doubt there will be any or many left that UT has to sell. You should be able to find out what sections are reserved for UT & get fairly close by buying thru stubhub, etc. I did that last year for the GA game in Athens. If you have trouble getting tkts try an outfit in Denver. I've used them several times & have been very pleased with their service. 800 200-8497 or 800 318-2220. Good luck & Go Vols !

Last edited:
I contacted the UT tix office and they said basically there weren't going to be any left due to how few were given out by Oregon, and the fact that its a glorified high school stadium.

But I live in Oregon and will be at that game regardless. Just hoping to be able to sit in the UT section.

You really think the demand will be that high? I could easily be wrong, and you may have more inside info with regards to demand so far, but I really didn't think there would be that many donors chomping at the bit to spend that kind of money for such a long trip just to watch UT get curbstomped. They've had leftover tickets from the donor allotment the last few years to just about all the SEC road games that made it to general sale.

I understand the SEC road games. I've found it harder and harder to go to the SEC sites after having been so many times and our recent struggles. But road trips where he Vols don't go typically, the travel is generally going to be really good. Its trip we are making..

I've talked to several people planning on going. not 4000 of them, but a lot. I haven't asked anyone at UT if they have a feel though so could be I'm mistaken..

I contacted the UT tix office and they said basically there weren't going to be any left due to how few were given out by Oregon, and the fact that its a glorified high school stadium.

But I live in Oregon and will be at that game regardless. Just hoping to be able to sit in the UT section.

So where in Oregon are you? Yea, Autzen is small very similar to a high school stadium.

I understand the SEC road games. I've found it harder and harder to go to the SEC sites after having been so many times and our recent struggles. But road trips where he Vols don't go typically, the travel is generally going to be really good. Its trip we are making..

I've talked to several people planning on going. not 4000 of them, but a lot. I haven't asked anyone at UT if they have a feel though so could be I'm mistaken..

I'd be very curious to know how many tickets were allocated to Tenn. I'd be surprised if it was 4000. I really don't know how the contract reads on this game. I'd expect any Tenn tickets not bought by Vol fans to be gobbled up by Ducks.

Maybe a lot of us donors don't think we will get curb stomped? Autzen is supposed to be a great environment for a game. I think a lot of people will go because it's a very rare chance to go to a place like OR for a game.

Maybe a lot of us donors don't think we will get curb stomped? Autzen is supposed to be a great environment for a game. I think a lot of people will go because it's a very rare chance to go to a place like OR for a game.

I hope you enjoy trip to Eugene. We're just getting started building the Oregon program, so lots of new stuff going on. Note: I'd recommend either walking to Autzen or taking one of the "Park N Ride" buses.

I live in Bend. AKA, Paradise.

LOL, yea it's pretty nice over there..... in the Summer. I'm not a winter kind of guy. Use to go to Sun River a lot. Retired in the foothills of the Cascades about 35 miles East of Eugene.

Probably go over there in June to do a little shopping for a couple Kayaks that my wife and I can fly fish from.

I love stumptown (portland). I do miss the appalachain mountains, but oregon is great country. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of orange in Eugene when the vols come to town. Hopefully we give the ducks more than they expect.

I love stumptown (portland). I do miss the appalachain mountains, but oregon is great country. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of orange in Eugene when the vols come to town. Hopefully we give the ducks more than they expect.

I think this is going to be a good game. Tenn has lots to play for, revenge, new coach, fresh start, beat expectations. All classic reasons the Vols will be a tough opponent. Plus, they aren't like a lot of teams that visit Autzen, Tenn is use to playing in front of loud crowds so that eally won't be an issue for the Vols.

Yea, PDX is a pretty nice city. I lived there until I retired two years ago. One of my favorite small cities in the USA. Lived in the West Hills just above PSU.

Last edited:
I'd go ahead and get them on stub. I bought mine there and the visitor section is 38 and 39.

Note: 38 & 39 are SW corner end zone seats. Not a bad seat in Autzen so don't worry about that. The only real negative is that they are just left of the big screen and score board so it may be difficult seeing the big screen.

Also, typically on HOT days they have "water misting" stations near the base of the big screen. So if you get too hot, just slip out and cool off. Plus, you'll be pretty close to the Moshofsky Center (indoor practice facility/game day beer garden). Enjoy....

Note: 38 & 39 are SW corner end zone seats. Not a bad seat in Autzen so don't worry about that. The only real negative is that they are just left of the big screen and score board so it may be difficult seeing the big screen.

Also, typically on HOT days they have "water misting" stations near the base of the big screen. So if you get too hot, just slip out and cool off. Plus, you'll be pretty close to the Moshofsky Center (indoor practice facility/game day beer garden). Enjoy....

Just curious, but what qualifies as a "hot" day in Oregon? I could be wrong, but I feel like anybody who's just endured a summer here in TN would be well prepared for even the worst Oregon could throw at them.

I'd be very curious to know how many tickets were allocated to Tenn. I'd be surprised if it was 4000. I really don't know how the contract reads on this game. I'd expect any Tenn tickets not bought by Vol fans to be gobbled up by Ducks.

it was actually 5000 is what I understand from Tennessee. they will typically use 750-1000 of them for administration, vol football families and students. ticket holders get first dibs than they sell to general public.

I seriously doubt Tennessee returns any to Oregon. that would be unusual. I think for Cal game in 2007, there were 10-12000 Tennessee fans travelled to game.

Just curious, but what qualifies as a "hot" day in Oregon? I could be wrong, but I feel like anybody who's just endured a summer here in TN would be well prepared for even the worst Oregon could throw at them.

we go to Oregon every year. Son and family in Portland. I've been there all different times and never seen anywhere in Oregon to rival Tennessee heat and Humidity. Been all over coast and to the east..

Average Eugene high temps in Sept are probably around 80 but it can get in the upper 90s on occasions. I agree, it's certainly different that Knoxville. Typically a dry heat, so that will be different as well. Inside Autzen it might get 10 degrees hotter than outside the stadium. So it could be 85 outside and 95 inside. We've had a couple games where the medics had plenty to deal with.

Probably not a big deal for you guys. I'm just saying hydrate and take advantage of the misting station if you like. Have a safe trip and enjoy yourself.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back