Dobb Nail Boot or McGrath knuckleball?

• Dobb Nail Boot

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • McGrath kick

Votes: 88 78.6%
  • I like Pie (For McDad)

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters
You can "bet the farm" the Bama kick was way better. The bama kick was so good that I went psycho celebrating and lost my fiancee and her parents 2 mill $ farm, true story. I was way too "Tennessee drunk" and "WV wild" in her little high society Virginia blue ridge town. Had a huge portable boombox playing Rocky Top Club Mix and "streaked the farm" while I dumped magazines/bump firing my .556 in the air while her dad was prepping a fall party on the farm (lmao, like a wine and cheese politicians party), poured beer over my head like a shower, ran to my mustang and did a burnout then drove it up to the cowgate and tried to ride the neighbors cows, ran about a quarter mile on the gravel road naked screaming GO VOLS! And the wild local farmdog pack, about 12 to 15 dogs from all around would "pack" every day, was all happy running with me (Road of like 6 farms)... ended up in Charlottesville bar hopping, trash talking UVA fans "arent yall d2? I thought yall are d2??" and fought an entire group of gays thinking they were straight guys trying to sleep with her, who were flirting and convincing her to join them in additional bar hopping/dancing and nearly went to jail. Had orange UT sweatpants hoodie and hat on. Woke up with her in the bed upstairs. She went to work, I went to my friends house, came back "LOCKED OUT" with a bye letter. She was a UVA grad & football cheerleader and I spent a lot of that night telling her "how gay UVA is compared to real football" since we went to all the home games where they almost lost to Richmond and Old Dominion with 10k fans a game. A lot of this is why I like WVU too (besides living there) I think a big reason for all this is that I missed Tennessee so badly at the time. It was my way of showing that you can take a Tennessee boy out of Tennessee but not Tennessee out of a Tennessee boy. After so many "being fake" wine and cheese events with her nobility class family. That night set me free. In a drunken haze I was remembering that I am a TENNESSEEAN and we are SPIRITED, WILD and FREE. That's why our ancestors left p^$$y a$% Virginia and went west!!! I wasnt going to trade infinite wealth for my appalachian spirit! And after her judging all my local friends and making me stay with her instead. It was what I call my "Volunteer Rebellion" Today, I am poor and stupid as ever. But i am HOME! And happy I am not married to her!!

Last edited:
The bama kick was so good that I went psycho celebrating and lost my fiancee and her parents 2 mill $ farm, true story. I was way too "Tennessee drunk" and "WV wild" in her little high society Virginia blue ridge town. Had a huge portable boombox playing Rocky Top Club Mix and "streaked the farm" while I dumped magazines/bump firing my .556 in the air while her dad was prepping a fall party on the farm (lmao), poured beer over my head like a shower, ran to my mustang and did a burnout, ended up in Charlottesville bar hopping and fought an entire group of gays who convinced her to join them in additional bar hopping. Figured they were only being gay on paper. God did I **** them up. Had orange UT sweatpants hoodie and hat on. Woke up with her in the bed upstairs. She went to work, I went to my friends house, came back "LOCKED OUT" with a bye letter.
Damn, brother. I don't believe I'da told that!

The bama kick was so good that I went psycho celebrating and lost my fiancee and her parents 2 mill $ farm, true story. I was way too "Tennessee drunk" and "WV wild" in her little high society Virginia blue ridge town. Had a huge portable boombox playing Rocky Top Club Mix and "streaked the farm" while I dumped magazines/bump firing my .556 in the air while her dad was prepping a fall party on the farm (lmao), poured beer over my head like a shower, ran to my mustang and did a burnout, tried to ride the neighbors cows, ended up in Charlottesville bar hopping and fought an entire group of gays thinking they were straight guys trying to sleep with her, who were flirting and convincing her to join them in additional bar hopping/dancing. God did I **** them up next to Millers in Cville and nearly go to jail. Had orange UT sweatpants hoodie and hat on. Woke up with her in the bed upstairs. She went to work, I went to my friends house, came back "LOCKED OUT" with a bye letter.

Well done

Damn, brother. I don't believe I'da told that!
You know what though. As much as I wanted to die that fall and winter, I wouldn't have changed a damn thing about that day, except if I could have done it again, I would have rode those damn cows. GBO!!!!!!!!!! She was a UVA cheerleader and I loved when we crushed their snobby asses in Nashville. Her dad thinks it's crazy she left over that. He knew I had every right to go wild. We still talk and she hates it LOL.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Dobbs to JJ to beat UGA was pretty cool and a great win over a very good top ranked opponent. It's a win that will forever be regaled in the lore of Vols history.

BUT, the kick and win over Bama was different and meant so much more. It broke a dominant streak by one of our longest and most hated rivals.

The other difference between the two is with UGA win you just felt 'this is a great win, but not program changing '. It didn't feel that way with Bama...that kick and win 22 you could just tell that night something with this program shifted, the pendulum was swinging the other way finally...Tennessee was on the way back towards the top.

Reactions: Just a VolinTears
If you take each play at face value, the Dobb-nail boot is a more amazing play. If you factor in historical significance (and I believe you should), it’s the winning kick vs. Bama.

It’s like picking Michael Jordan’s best plays ever. Is it his reverse lay-up against the Nets in 1991 (one of the most athletic plays you’ll ever see), or his final shot as a Bull against the Jazz in the ‘98 Finals? When factoring historical significance, you go with the Finals winner.

You know what though. As much as I wanted to die that fall and winter, I wouldn't have changed a damn thing about that day, except if I could have done it again, I would have rode those damn cows. GBO!!!!!!!!!! She was a UVA cheerleader and I loved when we crushed their snobby asses in Nashville. Her dad thinks it's crazy she left over that. He knew I had every right to go wild. We still talk and she hates it LOL.
You are my brother from another mother

Beat a top 5 Alabama team to break a 15 year losing streak or an unranked Georgia team for the second straight year… How is this even a question?

Reactions: VolnGermany
The McGrath kick, and it's not close. It was Alabama, and it was a clear signal that the tide had turned at UT (pun intended) and we were back on a national level big time. It was like our "we're baaaaaack!" moment. Oh, and it was f***king surreal.

The Dobbs play was an amazing moment no one will ever forget, but I don't think anyone believed we were ever seriously going anywhere with Jones. To me, it's as much about what the play meant as just the play itself.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back