Bicknell,Bulldogs Begin Preparations for Tennessee

LadyinOrange

Trophy Mod
Staff member
Bicknell, Bulldogs Begin Preparations for Tennessee
Posted Sep 21, 2004 18:16:31

RUSTON - With memories of this past weekend's loss to Miami behind them, Louisiana Tech took to the practice field Tuesday afternoon to begin game-planning for this Saturday's contest at Tennessee.

Head coach Jack Bicknell and Co. will attempt to rebound from the 48-0 loss to the Hurricanes but will face another stiff challenge in Top 25 Tennessee in what is expected to be the largest crowd a Louisiana Tech team has ever played before.

"I don't know whether it is easy or not to get over (a lopsided loss), but we have to find a way to do it," Bicknell said. "I look at the film of Tennessee and I don't see much difference between them and Miami. In fact I think Tennessee might have a better offensive line and running game than Miami."

In the loss to Miami, Tech shot itself in the foot, turning the football over three times, committing 13 penalties and suffering a number of special teams miscues. Bicknell said the entire effort will have to improve this week.

"We have to execute better than we did last weekend," Bicknell said. "We simply had way too many mistakes and we can't afford to do it again. Not against a team as talented as Tennessee."

During Tuesday's session and throughout the week, Bicknell will be keeping a close eye on the Bulldog kickers as Danny Horwedel, Brad Oestriecher and Zach Myatt continue to battle for the starting job.

Oestriecher has seen the majority of the work for Tech but has misfired on three of five field goal attempts while Horwedel missed his only attempt of the season late in the Miami game.

"We are just going to keep a close eye on them this week in practice and see who is kicking better right now," Bicknell said. "It's a wide open race."

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Sep 21, 2004 7:42 PM
"I look at the film of Tennessee and I don't see much difference between them and Miami. In fact I think Tennessee might have a better offensive line and running game than Miami."

:D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Sep 21, 2004 11:42 PM
Oestriecher has seen the majority of the work for Tech

I've been wondering what happened to Oz ever since he was in American Pie . . .

:dlol: :dlol:

"I look at the film of Tennessee and I don't see much difference between them and Miami. In fact I think Tennessee might have a better offensive line and running game than Miami."

Difference is we beat them with a sub-par offense last season.

Originally posted by milohimself+Sep 22, 2004 4:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself &#064; Sep 22, 2004 4:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Seriously? Sweet deal. (I paid no attention to football on any level last year)

Yes, not only did the Vols win over Miami 10-6, they broke Miami&#39;s record of the nation&#39;s longest home winning streak of 26-games.

<!--QuoteBegin-utsports.com

Vols End Hurricane Winning Streak at Orange Bowl
* Win ends Miami&#39;s 26-game home winning streak
* Vols entered the game ranked No. 18 in Associated Press and 17th Coaches&#39; Poll ... Miami entered ranked 6th-AP, 7th-Coaches
* Tennessee improves to 7-2 (3-2 SEC) ... Miami falls to 7-2 (3-1 Big East)
* Miami&#39;s last loss at the Orange Bowl was a 27-23 decision to Penn State Sept. 18, 1999 ... UM&#39;s first home loss under Larry Coker
* UT held Miami without a TD for the first time at home since a 38-3 loss to Florida State in 1984[/quote]

simon-ritzmann-110803-lg.jpg

Originally posted by OrangeCrush18@Sep 23, 2004 7:52 AM
Allvol-
I also have a sweet pic but not sure how to post. Can you help?

:blink: check your email

Originally posted by milohimself@Sep 22, 2004 4:54 PM
(I paid no attention to football on any level last year)

This may bite me in the :shakeit: , and I wasn&#39;t going to ask, but curiosity has the best of me .... were you in a coma or what ????????????????

Milo-
We had the lead but had to punt with, i believe, 1 or 2 min to go in the game and they muffed the punt and we recovered......ball game. It was a close sloppy game.

Kellen Winslow is an idiot&#33;
Here are a few of my favorite Winslow moments.

1.Miami vs. La tech, 1st game of the season. Kellen scores a TD a strikes the heisman pose. Little did he know that would be his only TD all season&#33;&#33; :shakehead:

2.Quote......"I must be &#39;The Chosen One&#39; because nobody can catch like me,". :bad:

3."I don&#39;t give a flying you-know-what about a Vol," Winslow said. "He&#39;d do the same thing to me. It&#39;s war. They don&#39;t give a freaking you-know-what about you. They will kill you. So I&#39;m going to kill them. You write that in your paper. You make money off that.

"I&#39;m [ticked]. I&#39;m [ticked], man. We don&#39;t care about nobody except this U. If I didn&#39;t hurt him, he&#39;d hurt me. They were gunning for my legs. I&#39;m gonna come right back at him. [Expletive] soldier." :shakehead: :shakehead:

What a dope&#33; :dunno:

Originally posted by imavol@Sep 23, 2004 7:01 AM
This may bite me in the :shakeit: , and I wasn&#39;t going to ask, but curiosity has the best of me .... were you in a coma or what ????????????????

:lol: Don&#39;t worry about it. All anybody talks about here is Pac-10 ball, which I am not a huge fan of.

I&#39;ve always been a fan of Texas (born and partially raised Texan) and Ohio State (the rest of my family is from the Dayton area), but since they got no attention around here, I had nobody to discuss them with... And my love for College ball kind of wained. Though, I have made it out to a few Oregon State games. Tailgating parties are fun no matter who you party with.

But, now, most people around here are pulling for the Vols and I&#39;ve got people to talk football with again.

Originally posted by allvol+Sep 23, 2004 8:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (allvol @ Sep 23, 2004 8:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by milohimself@Sep 22, 2004 4:54 PM
Seriously? Sweet deal. (I paid no attention to football on any level last year)

Yes, not only did the Vols win over Miami 10-6, they broke Miami&#39;s record of the nation&#39;s longest home winning streak of 26-games.

<!--QuoteBegin-utsports.com

Vols End Hurricane Winning Streak at Orange Bowl
* Win ends Miami&#39;s 26-game home winning streak
* Vols entered the game ranked No. 18 in Associated Press and 17th Coaches&#39; Poll ... Miami entered ranked 6th-AP, 7th-Coaches
* Tennessee improves to 7-2 (3-2 SEC) ... Miami falls to 7-2 (3-1 Big East)
* Miami&#39;s last loss at the Orange Bowl was a 27-23 decision to Penn State Sept. 18, 1999 ... UM&#39;s first home loss under Larry Coker
* UT held Miami without a TD for the first time at home since a 38-3 loss to Florida State in 1984

simon-ritzmann-110803-lg.jpg
[/quote]
That has to be one of my favorite pics of all time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Sep 23, 2004 8:35 PM
FREAK LIVES&#33;&#33;&#33;

Another, bad week. I seem to be having too many of those lately.

VN Store

Back