Big Dan ranked #4 Sr prospect..

I know his ceiling is high given his size, but I'm not sure he's shown quit enough to be a top 5 senior prospect across the board. Dan needs to have a big year if he wants to be a first rounder.

Reactions: 2 people
I know his ceiling is high given his size, but I'm not sure he's shown quit enough to be a top 5 senior prospect across the board. Dan needs to have a big year if he wants to be a first rounder.

I tend to agree to an extent. But I ain't gonna lie....I'm gonna take this pub and run with it.

Reactions: 1 person
Albert haynesworth had a monster year then went to washington and ran a 3-4 and fell off the map.....its all about scheme and Dan did his job in our scheme very well....now he can go play ball

i heard em talking about how big Dan doesn't have that really mean streak on the sports shows today,it was on several of the TSR shows,for what there worth lol I hope he steps it up this year,him and the Vols need him to step it up

Albert haynesworth had a monster year then went to washington and ran a 3-4 and fell off the map.....its all about scheme and Dan did his job in our scheme very well....now he can go play ball

Dan hasn't been, and will never be an Albert Haynesworth type of player.

I'm curious to see how McCarron does at the next level; Bama hasn't had an NFL caliber QB since Namath, and that is a long time.

Dan needs to pick it up if he's going to be a first round pick. The guys on TSR who watch practice said he's been average at best so far.

And getting a 100 mil... 40 Mil guaranteed

Big Dan may be saving his hatin' for real opponents instead of his teammates. He knows he's starting. No point in putting a whoopin' on a teammate unless he needs an attitude adjustment.

Well he is going against the best Oline in the country. So he should beast out against our opponents.

Dan hasn't been, and will never be an Albert Haynesworth type of player.

And who are u to say that? What has he done to prove he cant be....you do understand in a 3-4 D-linemans jobs are to occupy blockers, thats it. And somehow he had 30 tackles in that system

Reactions: 2 people
And getting a 100 mil... 40 Mil guaranteed

Jamaal Williams, Casey Hampton.....too great NTs.....not a lot of tackles because their sole job was take on double teams and clog the middle for LBs to make plays

Dan is the same weight as them but a lot better athlete.....Dont sleep on Dan

If he has a good year, he'll be drafted in the top 5-10 overall. Why? Cause you can't coach that kind of size. It's very rare to see one come along, and with SEC talent to boot. Teams will stand in line, in the rain, to get a shot at him.

And who are u to say that? What has he done to prove he cant be....you do understand in a 3-4 D-linemans jobs are to occupy blockers, thats it. And somehow he had 30 tackles in that system
Precisely why Big Albert bucked up when the Redskins switched to a 3-4 defense. A defensive scheme he had never played in. He knew everyone would criticize him as that other poster did, for not having stats that would warrant such a big contract.

He as paid the 100mill not to occupy space, but to collapse the pocket and get after the QB....as he had done in the past. A lot of folks just can't get that through their thick skulls. If you're hired to race cars and that's all you've ever done, then why would you suddenly let your boss force you to switch to racing horses, instead? Haynesworth was a 4-3 DT...not a NT in a 3-4.

2 totally different jobs.

Reactions: 1 person

Of course I know differences between the 3-4 and 4-3 responsibilities. Dan is not the explosive force Albert was, nor does he play with the same kind of physicality up to this point. I have heard nothing about Dan's impact in practice lining as 4-3 tackle now. Not a peep. Again, unless he has a big year, he will not be a first rounder. Period.

Great to see Stone and James on there too. Don't know if Stone should be ahead of James though.

Hurts the credibility of the article to me as this is the only place I've ever seen Stone ranked higher. Several times I've seen James predicted as a 1st rounder? Maybe Stone's on the rise though? Good luck to both!

Big Dan had some highlights last season displaying unusual speed/quickness away from the LOS. Reminded me of a larger Dan Williams who received a nice NFL payday!

Is McCullers 6'-6" or 6'-8"?

Again, unless he has a big year, he will not be a first rounder. Period.

My observation is that many of the NFL teams appear to draft more on measurables (perceived potential) than past college production. If Dan has an unimpressive senior year yet runs, jumps, and lifts well at the combine then some team may well take a shot at him in the first round. Hoping he has an outstanding season!

VN Store

Back