Big game for the Lady Vols tonight

GoVolsDogg

Big game for the UT Lady Vols as they host the Duke Blue Devils tonight.

After the loss on Thanksgiving night to Texas, the Lady Vols dropped to 5th in the coaches poll and 4th in the AP poll, while Duke is currently ranked 10th in the coaches and 9th in the AP poll as a loss to Notre Dame is their only L on the year currently.

Needless to say, it's important they win this game to make up for the L to Texas, and to get back up to #1 in the polls. It's a statement game plus it is in the Thompson-Boling Arena so hopefully the homecourt advantage plays a big role in the game!.

The game is being shown on espn2 at 7:30, a damn MAC championship game gets the ESPN slot, but it can still be viewed on espn2 at 7:30.

04bk-team.jpg

Let's go lady vols!!!!! :rocks: :rocks: :bow: :bow:

I am freaking ITCHING to see what's gonna happen in the Women's SEC tournament this year. Should be quite a matchup if the final game is UT vs LSU.

Well, that was a crappy game! I have never seen the Lady Vols look as lethargic! It just seemed like they were standing around. They can't shoot the ball to save their lives. How frustrating! :banghead: :bad: :furious3:

Originally posted by Atreus21@Dec 2, 2004 9:07 PM
I am freaking ITCHING to see what's gonna happen in the Women's SEC tournament this year. Should be quite a matchup if the final game is UT vs LSU.

Don't forget about Vandy and UGA you can also throw in Ole Miss and Florida toughest conference in the land!

Man that was a tough game. I'm not sure what has gotten into them, but they're not playing like the Lady Vols we all know.

down by 2 with the ball and 7 seconds to go, and the best shot they could come up with was a Shanna Zolman 18 foot jumper with 2 defenders on her, I know Coach Summitt didn't draw that one up.

Right now, outside of Zolman and Brittany Jackson, the entire team is playing down. Ely is shooting terrible, even her inside game is struggling, the freshmen are making an impact but they are making regular freshman mistakes and seem to be a liability out there when we play teams like Duke and Texas because with the way the Vols have been playing, those little mistakes end up losing games.

Hopefully this is a wake-up call, but there's a lot of improvement needed to be made in order to start thinking about SEC and National titles.

Did Buzz coach this game toinght? PHS made a living pounding the paint and all they shot were threes. C'mon PHS pound the paint, the glass and quit shooting jumpshots!

They will be ok! I hear Candace will be back at the earliest Christmas which is great news and Sa'de is coming along great! The only thing that gets me is the rebounding and missing 10 ft shots :question: They have to be able to knock those down! We are ok its still early in the season!

what gets me is not getting back on defense and letting duke have easy buckets...cmon girls...fundamentals!

VN Store

Back